Gino, This can't be your garage. >

Gino, This can't be your garage.

Notices

Gino, This can't be your garage.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Gino, This can't be your garage.

You would have told us.

http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/10/garage-mishap.html
Old 11-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gino, This can't be your garage.

Can you say " your fired"???????
Old 11-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you let a customer drive in
Old 11-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kickin32
why would you let a customer drive in

So you wouldn't have to keep firing your employees for driving the cars into the pit.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since my company blocks access to sites like the one above, I assume by the comments a customer drive their car into a service bay and the car fell into the pit????
When I worked in a full service station we would let the customer drive in....sometimes. Depends on who's behind the wheel. Fortunately we didn't have a pit, just lifts.
One time I stopped at a Dodge dealer to pickup some parts. As I waited in the parts dept. a loud CRASH!!! came from the service bays. A brand new truck had fallen off the lift and landed on it's side. The parts manager said it was the third time that mech had dropped a vehicle.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Iggy
Since my company blocks access to sites like the one above, I assume by the comments a customer drive their car into a service bay and the car fell into the pit????
When I worked in a full service station we would let the customer drive in....sometimes. Depends on who's behind the wheel. Fortunately we didn't have a pit, just lifts.
One time I stopped at a Dodge dealer to pickup some parts. As I waited in the parts dept. a loud CRASH!!! came from the service bays. A brand new truck had fallen off the lift and landed on it's side. The parts manager said it was the third time that mech had dropped a vehicle.

If one of my mechanics drops one of my trucks I'd drop him right where he's standing.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Registered

I tell my customers they get to yell at me if I crash ther vehicle , If they crash it I just get to laugh. They hand over the keys.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Iggy
i walked into a dealer service dept one morning in the late 60's a car had rolled off the lift and knocked off the 2 next to it . dominos style . not priddy
Old 11-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We don't have pits or I'm sure that would have happened. I have 1000 stories of major screw ups.
I had one guy do brake pads on a customers vehicle. He dosen't test drive the pick up or even get into it. He tells the driver make sure you pump the brake pedal. Of coarse the driver gets in, puts it in reverse, the pedal goes to the floor and the truck goes flying out of the driveway across the street into a passing car. I have had trucks try to leave without my guys adding oil, without filters, without lug nuts and once withut a driver. I have had my guys put gas in diesel trucks, diesel in gas trucks.

I had one guy go to a customer in the port of Miami. He went over the train tracks too fast and the tank that holds his waste oil jumped out of there frame and slammed on the floor. When he pulled up to the customers door he saw waste oil (Hazardous materials") pouring from his van. Rather then containing it, he gets in his van and drives through the facility, around behind the building and parks next to a storm drain to access the damage and basically hide. My customer goes out, sees a huge puddle of oil along with a trail. He follows the trail about 1/4 mile to my truck and a huge mess. You don't want to know what that mess cost me!!!

Today, one of my genius's drove his van into a parking garage that was too low. He smached the top of the van. I will say to his defense, he made it under the hanging pipe without touching it. He should however been friving much slower if it looked that close. I guess the guys that checked the garage clearence and put up the pipe didn't measure properly. Imagine, and employee screwing up?