Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wow..whats up with Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/144308-wow-whats-up-fountain.html)

Von Bongo 11-03-2006 10:41 AM

Wow..whats up with Fountain

I see that there are now 231 beakers for sale, that has to be a new record for this site. :eek:

Earlier this year there were 160. Baja and Cig have stayed abount the same in the low 100's.

Everyone selling out to buy a new 35 or what? :evilb:

I guess I was just shocked that they had jumped so much in listings, maybe people trying to unload before winter?

Rippem 11-03-2006 10:46 AM

Re: Wow..whats up with Fountain

It's that marketing genius. Get 'em all horny about every model years significant improvements to keep 'em buying new boats. Drives used values down, but used boat sales isn't what keeps the doors at the factory open.
It's alot like the snowmobile market. Buy a new sled for a reasonable discount ride it a year or two...by then it's antique tech because of advancements, then try to unload it against alot of competition.

tomtbone1993 11-03-2006 10:51 AM

I will be moving to a newer beak :cool:

sakoutis3 11-03-2006 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
I see that there are now 231 beakers for sale, that has to be a new record for this site. :eek:

Earlier this year there were 160. Baja and Cig have stayed abount the same in the low 100's.

Everyone selling out to buy a new 35 or what? :evilb:

I guess I was just shocked that they had jumped so much in listings, maybe people trying to unload before winter?

Everyone finaly figured out Reggie is all hype and now they're unloading those barges for real go fast boats. :evilb: :evilb: :drink: :drink:

On a serios note I noticed all manufactures used inventory seemed to jump up. My hope is that this is a sign of a strong economy and everyone is moving up. :cool:

dreamer 11-03-2006 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Everyone finaly figured out Reggie is all hype and now they're unloading those barges for real go fast boats. :evilb: :evilb: :drink: :drink:

On a serios note I noticed all manufactures used inventory seemed to jump up. My hope is that this is a sign of a strong economy and everyone is moving up. :cool:

its a sig of a bad economy... everyone unloading... this summer was weak... the marina were gosttowns on the w/e

hammer01 11-03-2006 11:11 AM

I Don't Know If It Is Good Or Bad, But Amazingly My Boat Broker Emailed Me Ironically With A 2007 42 Fountain Today. People Are Either Upgrading Or Going Broke, Which Is It? Anyone Interested Let Me Know And I Can Get You Info On The Used 07 42 Fountain, Looked Nice.

Von Bongo 11-03-2006 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer
its a sig of a bad economy... everyone unloading... this summer was weak... the marina were gosttowns on the w/e

YOu know thats interesing because the market has come back from a 5 year dip, unemployment is 4.4% which is the best in 5 years. I don't think, with the exception of energy, the economy is that bad. Of course with rates at the current level, as a borrower you can't buy what you could 5 years ago.

I work making business loans and businesses are making good profits and defaults are very low. Wage pressure is on the way up.

Dueclaws 11-03-2006 11:20 AM

I say a lot of us are buying new stuff; business and growth has been great with more planned for '07!
Due

RHC 11-03-2006 11:32 AM

It depends on where you live,,,, Dreamer is right ,,, Ohio is in the Tank,,,, Lot's of great deals here, but no money to buy for most people!!

Only a fortunate few can step up and order new !! :( :(

RHC

dreamer 11-03-2006 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
YOu know thats interesing because the market has come back from a 5 year dip, unemployment is 4.4% which is the best in 5 years. I don't think, with the exception of energy, the economy is that bad. Of course with rates at the current level, as a borrower you can't buy what you could 5 years ago.

I work making business loans and businesses are making good profits and defaults are very low. Wage pressure is on the way up.

housing has tanked... gas is still up.... credit card debt and late payments are up as are defaults on housing....

but ifu listen to bush the economy is strong :rolleyes:

mission in iraq accomplished too :rolleyes:

all economist r predicting a .25 to .5 rate cut in the first quarter of 07