Wow..whats up with Fountain >

Wow..whats up with Fountain

Notices

Wow..whats up with Fountain

Old 11-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow..whats up with Fountain

I see that there are now 231 beakers for sale, that has to be a new record for this site.

Earlier this year there were 160. Baja and Cig have stayed abount the same in the low 100's.

Everyone selling out to buy a new 35 or what?

I guess I was just shocked that they had jumped so much in listings, maybe people trying to unload before winter?
Old 11-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Wow..whats up with Fountain

It's that marketing genius. Get 'em all horny about every model years significant improvements to keep 'em buying new boats. Drives used values down, but used boat sales isn't what keeps the doors at the factory open.
It's alot like the snowmobile market. Buy a new sled for a reasonable discount ride it a year or two...by then it's antique tech because of advancements, then try to unload it against alot of competition.

Last edited by Rippem; 11-03-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I will be moving to a newer beak
Old 11-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
I see that there are now 231 beakers for sale, that has to be a new record for this site.

Earlier this year there were 160. Baja and Cig have stayed abount the same in the low 100's.

Everyone selling out to buy a new 35 or what?

I guess I was just shocked that they had jumped so much in listings, maybe people trying to unload before winter?

Everyone finaly figured out Reggie is all hype and now they're unloading those barges for real go fast boats.

On a serios note I noticed all manufactures used inventory seemed to jump up. My hope is that this is a sign of a strong economy and everyone is moving up.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Everyone finaly figured out Reggie is all hype and now they're unloading those barges for real go fast boats.

On a serios note I noticed all manufactures used inventory seemed to jump up. My hope is that this is a sign of a strong economy and everyone is moving up.

its a sig of a bad economy... everyone unloading... this summer was weak... the marina were gosttowns on the w/e
Old 11-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Registered

I Don't Know If It Is Good Or Bad, But Amazingly My Boat Broker Emailed Me Ironically With A 2007 42 Fountain Today. People Are Either Upgrading Or Going Broke, Which Is It? Anyone Interested Let Me Know And I Can Get You Info On The Used 07 42 Fountain, Looked Nice.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dreamer
its a sig of a bad economy... everyone unloading... this summer was weak... the marina were gosttowns on the w/e

YOu know thats interesing because the market has come back from a 5 year dip, unemployment is 4.4% which is the best in 5 years. I don't think, with the exception of energy, the economy is that bad. Of course with rates at the current level, as a borrower you can't buy what you could 5 years ago.

I work making business loans and businesses are making good profits and defaults are very low. Wage pressure is on the way up.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I say a lot of us are buying new stuff; business and growth has been great with more planned for '07!
Due
Old 11-03-2006, 11:32 AM
RHC
Registered

It depends on where you live,,,, Dreamer is right ,,, Ohio is in the Tank,,,, Lot's of great deals here, but no money to buy for most people!!

Only a fortunate few can step up and order new !!

RHC
Old 11-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
YOu know thats interesing because the market has come back from a 5 year dip, unemployment is 4.4% which is the best in 5 years. I don't think, with the exception of energy, the economy is that bad. Of course with rates at the current level, as a borrower you can't buy what you could 5 years ago.

I work making business loans and businesses are making good profits and defaults are very low. Wage pressure is on the way up.
housing has tanked... gas is still up.... credit card debt and late payments are up as are defaults on housing....

but ifu listen to bush the economy is strong

mission in iraq accomplished too

all economist r predicting a .25 to .5 rate cut in the first quarter of 07

Quick Reply: Wow..whats up with Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.