Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I would be NUTS to pass this up! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/144334-i-would-nuts-pass-up.html)

IDRPSTF 11-03-2006 02:16 PM

I would be NUTS to pass this up!

I just got this email:
"Hello Mathew,
Thanks for your prompt response. I had to fully sort things out with my client before contacting you. He is quite satisfied and has agreed to purchase your Truck at the price of $81,500. He has as well assigned a shipper that I will work with. He will be sending you a cashier check of $91,000, a refund from another seller whose transaction he was forced to cancel because the Truck had an accident just before the pickup date.
You simply have to deduct the cost of your truck $81,500 and send the difference of $9,500 to his shipping agent to cover shipping charges, tax and other expenses to ship my Client's drilling equipments in his custody. The agent will be responsible for signing and transferring of title and pick-up. Send me your NAME, MAILING ADDRESS AND CONTACT PHONE NUMBER for the check payment to be delivered to you via courier. Be sure the title paper is ready.
THE SHIPPING AGENT WILL COME TO TEST DRIVE THE TRUCK AND CUNDUCT CHECKING SO I HOPE IT WILL BE IN A GOOD CONDITION WHEN HE ARRIVES. I will call as soon as I am back from my Asian business trip, or you can leave a message on my number, I have a way of retriveing it. 206-339-4059
Regards.
George."
What a lucky guy I am? And how should I spend my new found money? Maybe I'll invest it with Cashbrain!!! Maybe I'll by the logo rights to Apache!!! Maybe I'll by an Engine Warranty!!! Maybe I'll spend it on buying dinner for a 20 year old hot blond with big jugs that wants to spend time with me for my intellect, charm and spelling, not my money!!! Maybe not!
I emailed the guy back asking if people still fall for that and I would love to drive the Freightliner up his crooked arse.
Another day, another scame!

spk1 11-03-2006 02:41 PM

Re: I would be NUTS to pass this up!

You should tell him ok, get his fake check, and turn it in to the FBI so they can stay on top of the new nigerian technology in cashier check fraud. Also send 100,000 monopoly money back, tell him you changed your mind on selling the truck, and that he can keep the entire $100,000, just send you another 9,000 cashiers check to make up the difference from the 91,000 cashiers check. Or you can cut out all the BS and speak their language, 4000 chickens, 10,000 cows and 1200 sheep, should just about cover the truck. :evilb: Oh yea and a necklace made of chicken bones.

Clay Washington 11-03-2006 03:18 PM

Re: I would be NUTS to pass this up!

Anybody who sends money to Africa deserves what they get! screwed! :eek:

But, it must work because I still get dozens of these types of emails every week. They all want me to help them get millions of dollars out of west Africa. :rolleyes:

Crooks! I hope they all burn in Hell! :mad: