Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Erie 11-03-06 - Saw This At The Ramp Today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/144349-lake-erie-11-03-06-saw-ramp-today.html)

TEAMBAJA 11-03-2006 05:50 PM

Lake Erie 11-03-06 - Saw This At The Ramp Today

1 Attachment(s)
These guys were fun to watch at the ramp! :D

Chris Sunkin 11-03-2006 06:32 PM

Re: Lake Erie 11-03-06 - Saw This At The Ramp Today

Looks like Catawba.

I saw a guy running from a storm in a 26 Starcraft "beach" his boat in order to ride it out. Problem is, it's an Army Corps of Engineers beach- limestone boulders. The Starcraft is aluminum. Sheared it open like a can of tuna. Saw another charachter punch a hole in the bottom of his Searay with a trailer roller. It snagged into the hole and hung up. Sank at the ramp.

Racegirl3 11-03-2006 06:34 PM

Hmmm .... I always pictured Bob and Tom to have a bigger boat :D

PhantomChaos 11-03-2006 06:44 PM

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :D :D :drink: :drink:

wrinkleface 11-03-2006 09:09 PM

Flat tire, maybe 2! Bob and Tom canted right! Yikes :eek: Think they had their Lifeline vests ready!!?? :p

Tricky919 11-03-2006 09:27 PM

I wonder if they are related to Neil and Bob......

TEAMBAJA 11-04-2006 09:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Looks like Catawba.

I saw a guy running from a storm in a 26 Starcraft "beach" his boat in order to ride it out. Problem is, it's an Army Corps of Engineers beach- limestone boulders. The Starcraft is aluminum. Sheared it open like a can of tuna. Saw another charachter punch a hole in the bottom of his Searay with a trailer roller. It snagged into the hole and hung up. Sank at the ramp.

That was at Mazuricks (is that spelled right? :D )

Also did some Extreme Duck Hunting!

pkspx 11-04-2006 09:36 AM

wow. the picture speaks for itself even if I wasn't there.

bouyhunter 11-04-2006 11:30 AM

A few years back a buddy of mine was in this exact situation.
His truck was broke down, so I drove my Dually form Pittsburgh to Anchor Pointe in Oregon OH (Lake Erie).
We HAD to get the boat out that day, but the water was too low, and I was running out of ramp. Barely had the trailer in the water past the rear axle.
He just got on the throttle in the boat (24' walk-around OB) and slammed it up on the trailer. I thought he was gonna land in the bed of my truck. It was actually sitting worse on the bunks than the picture above.
Well, we know we can't haul the damn thing this way, and we can't re-float it and try again.
Fortunately, I had a hydraulic floor jack in the bed of the truck.
We jacked the boat up, and with 2x4's and railroad ties, we slid the trailer across the gravel lot to the proper spot under the boat and then set the boat back down. It turned into an almost full day job.

drdread 11-04-2006 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
That was at Mazuricks (is that spelled right? :D )

Also did some Extreme Duck Hunting!

There were some "Bob & Toms" there today too. Just got back from putting the last boat away for the season..........Yes, there was ice on deck (17' Whaler). Cold but fun ride!

Cool helmet for boat duck hunting! :D