Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How to Nail this Guy .... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/144513-how-nail-guy.html)

XPRESS 33PP 11-06-2006 07:35 PM

Re: How to Nail this Guy ....

Ottis,
Do you know if Ken ever got his Baja back from Canada?

Pwrbt33 11-07-2006 03:58 AM

The worst part isnt this yerk off has the boat for sale, but how did he uncover it, get in it and take the pictures of it with out anyone saying anything to him!? Thats the scary part! :eek:

John S.

offthefront 11-07-2006 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33
The worst part isnt this yerk off has the boat for sale, but how did he uncover it, get in it and take the pictures of it with out anyone saying anything to him!? Thats the scary part! :eek:

John S.

He probably stole the pics off the Net ... easy enough ...m

thundermarine 11-08-2006 11:07 AM

I have chased this down a little farther, and he responded with information to wire funds to an E-TRADE escrow account - unfortunately, it appears that E-TRADE doesn't offer vehicle escrow services... :eek:

-David
THUNDER MARINE

(reprinted from email)

Hello once again David
I am glad that you are interested in buying my boat !!
Some words of how the deal will be handled: shipping will be made by truck to your exact home address. whole shipment transit time will take about 5-6 days. the boat will be insured against damages at the shipping company for the transport.
Total price is $30,000 including shipping fees to Florida ( there are no other fees that you will have to pay besides this price.) Payment will be made with 50% deposit, shipping the boat.... after you receive it you'll send the rest of the money.
The transaction will go through a third party that will hold the funds until you will give your acceptance of the boat. I'll forward your info to them and they will contact you with all the instructions
So, if you are serious in buying i would like you to get down to bussiness !

(reprint from second email):

Subject: [Purchase Protection - Case ID: 4507874176]

Verified Member Profile

E*TRADE Member: David Mauer

An E*TRADE Member in good standing
since 05-02-2004

Identity and/or Contact Information Verified.

Continues to meet strict Membership Criteria.

Committed to Dispute Resolution and Mediation.

Purchase Protection
Coverage up to $30,000

Contact Seller at: [email protected]

E*TRADE's Purchase Protection program protects your purchase against fraud and material misrepresentation

Case ID: 4507874176

Vehicle Purchase Protection

Ensures that you receive the vehicle you paid for, with coverage up to $30,000 against fraud or material misrepresentation.

The program covers cars, trucks, motorcycles, motor homes, boats, watercraft, off-road vehicles and trailers.

Your vehicle purchase is protected for up to $30,000 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.

Protecting consumers through...

ericaull 11-08-2006 11:23 AM

:drink:

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
email him back tell him you will overnight the check, the deal is so good you don't want to miss it, get the address from him, then send the OSO hit squad down to meet him when he picks up his check

dirtlawyer 11-08-2006 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33

John S.

the pics are from an ad that Lightning Bay Performance Marine had previously placed for the boat, when they had the boat in their inventory. The pics are definitely taken from that ad.

And yes, its definitely a Miami Vice boat.

onesickpantera 11-08-2006 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by thundermarine
I have chased this down a little farther, and he responded with information to wire funds to an E-TRADE escrow account - unfortunately, it appears that E-TRADE doesn't offer vehicle escrow services... :eek:

-David
THUNDER MARINE

(reprinted from email)

Hello once again David
I am glad that you are interested in buying my boat !!
Some words of how the deal will be handled: shipping will be made by truck to your exact home address. whole shipment transit time will take about 5-6 days. the boat will be insured against damages at the shipping company for the transport.
Total price is $30,000 including shipping fees to Florida ( there are no other fees that you will have to pay besides this price.) Payment will be made with 50% deposit, shipping the boat.... after you receive it you'll send the rest of the money.
The transaction will go through a third party that will hold the funds until you will give your acceptance of the boat. I'll forward your info to them and they will contact you with all the instructions
So, if you are serious in buying i would like you to get down to bussiness !

(reprint from second email):

Subject: [Purchase Protection - Case ID: 4507874176]

Verified Member Profile

E*TRADE Member: David Mauer

An E*TRADE Member in good standing
since 05-02-2004

Identity and/or Contact Information Verified.

Continues to meet strict Membership Criteria.

Committed to Dispute Resolution and Mediation.

Purchase Protection
Coverage up to $30,000

Contact Seller at: [email protected]

E*TRADE's Purchase Protection program protects your purchase against fraud and material misrepresentation

Case ID: 4507874176

Vehicle Purchase Protection

Ensures that you receive the vehicle you paid for, with coverage up to $30,000 against fraud or material misrepresentation.

The program covers cars, trucks, motorcycles, motor homes, boats, watercraft, off-road vehicles and trailers.

Your vehicle purchase is protected for up to $30,000 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.

Protecting consumers through...

Definitely a scam. He will want you to wire the 50% and it will go to a bank outside the US and then you're out $15k!!! :mad:

You could have some fun jerking him around! My brother did it with a guy that wanted to buy his Jeep and was trying to pull the "I'm sending you too much money please send the difference back" scam. Man we had fun with that guy! :D

dirtlawyer 11-08-2006 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by ericaull
:drink:

or.... let's start a bidding war for the boat! :evilb:

We could contact him and say that someone on a boating website has been bragging about buying the boat on the cheap and offer him more $$ and see what happens... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Let's jack around with him like he's doing to other people.

ericaull 11-08-2006 11:31 AM

I got a corvette that my old uncle passed away in it is a 1963 split window coupe.....unfortunately we didn't find his rotting corpse for 2 weeks . He died in the car, in his garage last July. The car is mint, except for the smell. I will sell the car for 10,000 USC. SOUND FAMILIAR ??? :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: DON'T GET INVOLVED.

blume 11-08-2006 11:40 AM

the phone number givin is not in use............727-255-5192