Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   fri kw run.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/144547-fri-kw-run.html)

dreamer 11-06-2006 10:42 PM

fri kw run....

whos goin on fri with the run or solo.. dont know the waters but wat to take my new boat down..... anyone i can follow?

thinking of folowing the run down but dont wanna cause any probs... and 1200 extra just aint in the budget for this weekend :mad:

any help ideas.... gettin in on wed and gonna get a gps plotter fot the boat

dreamer 11-06-2006 10:48 PM

Re: fri kw run....

1 Attachment(s)
pic

Ted G 11-06-2006 11:07 PM

You know, with all the boats running spread out on the run and if you didn't want to snipe at the big dogs up front, it is likely no one would ever know you were trailing along.... Well, unless you post a pic on OSO and ask about tagging along :eek: :evilb: :D I plotted it on paper and sort of ran it on the chartplotter before we did it and even the back side is doable, it is just easier to follow a leader :cool:

Jassman 11-07-2006 04:17 AM

Run with the Active Thunder group, leaving Friday out of Pompano/Ft.Laud ramp. Jeff

chuckbeecher 11-07-2006 05:53 AM

Yeah!..run with us Active Thunder guys..our leader is experienced and we are a fun group. At least we think so. :D :drink:

Jassman 11-07-2006 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher
Yeah!..run with us Active Thunder guys..our leader is experienced and we are a fun group. At least we think so. :D :drink:

Ya, real expeienced in the B.S. department :drink:

el indio 11-07-2006 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer
whos goin on fri with the run or solo.. dont know the waters but wat to take my new boat down..... anyone i can follow?

thinking of folowing the run down but dont wanna cause any probs... and 1200 extra just aint in the budget for this weekend :mad:

follow medicine boy.......oooops I mean medicine man......he runs the budget run........m.f. is the navigator.you cant lose.
hope to see you all playing nicely and safely..p.s.... stu jones run a real class show and is safety conscience.......m.m.....

Jupiter Sunsation 11-07-2006 07:17 AM

Remember the crab pots are your friends as long as you don't catch one with your prop! They are always in 10 feet of water or more.

On last year's run I noticed that the channel markers were very far apart, storms may have made a few disappear.

dreamer 11-07-2006 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by el indio
follow medicine boy.......oooops I mean medicine man......he runs the budget run........m.f. is the navigator.you cant lose.
hope to see you all playing nicely and safely..p.s.... stu jones run a real class show and is safety conscience.......m.m.....

budget run?

might try and meet up with the active group but im in miami in the bay... wanna run inside to gilberts

Wild 11-07-2006 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer

dont be one of those guys, buck up and do the poker run