Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Geico Turbine Cat ran sweet (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/144879-geico-turbine-cat-ran-sweet.html)

TeamSaris 11-12-2006 03:24 PM

Re: Geico Turbine Cat ran sweet

Originally Posted by Rik

Nichols has the same drives also.

Didnt look like they could get a lot of boat out of the water today. Did anything go wrong?

TeamSaris 11-12-2006 06:35 PM

didnt run sweet today? :(

offshoredrillin 11-13-2006 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I'm also with Geico on both trucks.
Haven't tried a boat yet.

Glad to hear they are supporting a race boat as a sponsor, and glad to hear the boat ran well.
Hopefully they also support PLEASURE boater's and Poker Runners with reasonable rates and good coverage.

What really sucks is this is how Geico is spending your hard earned premiums. When they whine and complain to us at shops about how expensive things are to fix and constantly try to cut corners. Had an adjuster on thurs tell me my product was too expensive I had to do better, I asked him when his customer complained that his premiums were too high did they give him a discount?

Maximus 11-13-2006 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
What really sucks is this is how Geico is spending your hard earned premiums. When they whine and complain to us at shops about how expensive things are to fix and constantly try to cut corners. Had an adjuster on thurs tell me my product was too expensive I had to do better, I asked him when his customer complained that his premiums were too high did they give him a discount?

Our Sponsor has a billion dollar per year advertising budget. That money will be spent regardless of their involvment in offshore powerboat racing. Wouldn't you rather see the money spent on our sport than Nascar or lawnmower racing. They plan on entering the marine insurance marketplace soon which could mean lower rates for everyone in performance boating.

Now if your complaint is about high insurance rates...I agree ...but I personally believe a great part of this is due to fraud.

Stop by the pit's next year and I'll buy you a cold Bud Sellect walk you through the cockpit and power plants on the Turbine Geico boat....

Marc

ps. we love our BPM's

WeaponX 11-13-2006 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus
Thanks Downtown. The crew did a super job setting the boat up. Big Thanks to Bud Sellect Dave and JT for sparring with us while they tested and we raced. Both boats have a tremendus of power in reserve.

A cold front came through today and whippied it up pretty good. We hit so hard Scottys arm flew into the breaker panel and shut the boat down. We got it startd againg pretty quick . Tommorrow we are going to race the MTI Miss Geico again. Looking forward to a great race.

Taking some tylenol and going to sleep now.

Marc

Looked great from the beach. As an MTI should. :evilb:

Downtown42 11-13-2006 02:00 PM

Stop by the pit's next year and I'll buy you a cold Bud Sellect walk you through the cockpit and power plants on the Turbine Geico boat....

Marc

ps. we love our BPM's

yo, what about me??? :evilb:

Maximus 11-13-2006 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
yo, what about me??? :evilb:

Two Bud Select's for you. :drink:

T2x 11-13-2006 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rik
The BPM is an Arneson. Making it fixed does not change anything.

Than why fix it...........?

T2x

T2x 11-13-2006 03:53 PM

ps. we love our BPM's

Don't you mean you love your unnecessarily fixed, licensed Arneson parts with heavy duty trim and single rudder???

:p :p :p

T2x

Panther 11-13-2006 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by 9 Lives
The CRC/MTI, which is in the Extreme class with the Bud Select uses Merc 1075s and Merc #6 drives, so it drags two steering skegs through the water instead of one.

From what I hear, those may have the 1075 stickers on the hood but they ain't no 1075HP's.... :eek: :drink: