5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Destin Report card

Old 11-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Destin Report card

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
Hell , I thought it was a great place.(i was ready to settle for another 2nd place on Sunday)..But the best of it was I had a better seat to watch the race in front of the JUMBOTRON..now if I can just get the boat to grow 3 inches for next year...hmm
any suggestions other than make it drink a 55 gallon drum of resin?...Happy holidays... tony
Maybe the boat can grow a beak , works on V-hulls.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:12 PM
RHC
Registered

Default Re: Destin Report card

Mark ,, never said I had the answer ,, I have been to Key West for the last 14ys ,,, every time there is a problem about the sites,, the pits ,,, the city ,,, I here JC's name brought into the conversation,,,, My statement was ,, He does not want anyone playing in his Sandbox,,,, I know this ,, because when we drug a support boat 1000 miles to HELP put on the show ,,, JC charged us for space ,,,, Just leave it at that ,, OK ,, its his sandbox

RHC
Old 11-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,714 Likes on 3,786 Posts

Please Do NOT make this a politics thread!

Thank you
Old 11-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

That is a entiirely different subject, this is about the race expierence that Destin offered to the fans and teams that spent a week there. Whether Positive or Negative, input from the racer's and the fans, will give a community a better insight of what people want!

I hate using Nascar, because Offshore isnt at the level, YET

but it is about the whole expierence that leads up to the race.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I thought it was great!!!! We got to spend a week with our friends,race boats and enjoy a beautiful town that I never thought would be so nice. A bigger parking lot would be nice but that might not be possible. I liked the convention center as home base for EVERYTHING. The course was challenging and the water was great for racing. The locals seemed glad we were there and all said they cant wait to tell there friends for next year. TV was out of this world. AMF had there camp open all week as usual. The volunteers were great. The local Coast Guard,police and patrol personnel were great. The racing classes were divided good so it made sense to the fans. OPA and OSS got along great and will most likely do more joint races as a result.And the craze thing is that this was just the first time this town has ever put on a Offshore race!!!!!!
MD
Old 11-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

positives: Boat count
tv coverage
4 days of racing
closer proximity to mainland so we could bring our boat (from
VA)
Awesome Beaches

negatives: spread out pits
proximity of pits to AJs
No Duval Street

We had a great time and would definitely go back......but KeyWest with the Jumbotron would be hard to beat
Old 11-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

I was asked to be more specific so I am adding this:
I thought Destin was awesome. I think it is more of a retirement community and the older folks did not welcome loud partying folks with loud boats and we were not as welcome as they would be in a party town. My husband and I ran into several people who had no clue the race was going on and some even said they hated racing. One local vendor at the Rock the Docks party actually said to us, we had no clue this was going to take place till the Thursday before. They were very upset that they had no time to prepare for us to be there. One even gave me her card to call us if the races were going to be there next year so she would have more time. I only saw signs at the pits and Aj's welcoming racers and fans. Oh and I saw AMF signs too. None of the locals had anything out on their signs welcoming the racers. I know we, meaning the racers and fans poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into that town but I did not see the happiness that we saw in Orange Beach a few years ago when the worlds was there. Heck, during the parade, people ran out to the boats and thanked us for being there. I never got that from one local. We asked in every place we went if they were going to watch the races and over 50% said no and at lease 20% had no clue what we were talking about. This was my first OSS race ever. I always go to the Worlds. I just feel maybe the town was not well informed we were coming and if they were they did not have time to prepare. These are what my husband and I saw while we were there. We spend our one vacation every year going to the Worlds and plan to continue to do so. We love racing. I wish the powers that be could agree to be united. I am just being honest to what I saw and experienced. I really enjoyed Destin and think it is a wonderful place to visit.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Registered

Had a great time. Overall was excellent. I'll get on the band wagon about everything being spread out. One thought about Destin vs Key West. Although I never attened Key West it's a great place. I think Destin is very nice, no Key West, but the location may allow a lot more fans to attend versus the trip to Key West.

Overall score 10++++ Had a great time.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Twin-Kyle,
would you care to give a reason for the grade??
Old 11-19-2006, 07:45 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
The fact there was only 1 cook and 1- 70 year old waitress at the Waffle House @ 3 in the morning....
Sharkey..... Being a blue hair myself...How bout a photo of the 170 year old waitress??

Quick Reply: Destin Report card

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.