34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder >

34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder

Notices

34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder

Old 11-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: 34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder

Hustler/Joe will do the same as any other manufacture. They have excellent customer support and service. If your looking for overall style, build quality, and speed the Hustler is for you. The 34 will run 90+ with 525's and then if coupled to arnesons it will run around 100. A buddy of mine has his cheetah for sale in the classifieds if your interested. Go onto www.hustlerpowerboats.com and they have a nice little video with running shots of all their models on their home page.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

The AT will take it in the rough.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Hustler Cheetah was one of what I thought was the sharpest boats in the Miami show a couple years ago. It was the only boat there that really blew my skirt up.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both of the 33 ACTIVE THUNDERS that have been built are awsome. So i guess you know what my vote is.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

So..

How many people in this thread have driven both a AT & a Hustler?
How many people have been to both the AT plant and Hustler plant?
How many people understand the construction differences between the AT & Hustler?

I own neither boat and I have done or understand the above. Just because you own one it doesn't make it the best boat. Take a moment to learn all of the facts.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by f311fr1
AT hands down. Custom vs production. Joe Murray

?? Hustler was / is one of the original "custom" builders. They are from Strong Island and build a real nice boat. I do like Active Thunder as well.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Registered

I also don't know much about either boat, but I like the design (and performance, from what I've heard) of the Cheetah. Some low-mid 30-footers look a little disproportionate in some areas, but the Cheetah looks like a baby Slingshot.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Registered

Cheetah with arensons????? and yes I have seen it done . I also know what it can do. the 33 A.T. with 525 XRs will run over 90 and do it safe with comfert.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Cheetah with arensons????? and yes I have seen it done . I also know what it can do. the 33 A.T. with 525 XRs will run over 90 and do it safe with comfert.
They have built two of the 344's with 525's and Arnesons. Both run 103 on the limitors bone stock.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

DaveP
Charter Member # 65
Platinum Member

Posts: 1,365 Re: 34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT have more cracks that a crack addict.

Hustler builds a better boat. I have seen alot of 38 Slingshots that have been ridden hard and have never seen any stress cracks.

I have seen AT facility as well. Hustler is the better boat.

Big Seas Productions LLC www.big-seas.com

.....Very unprofessional, especially coming from you..... The Smallwoods from Ft. Meyers have over 775 hours on their 2000 A.T., been on this boat numerous times, just came back from KW with them. NO CRACKS. The only problem that I know of was the Race boat, and maybe your crack comment applies there, more ways then one

Originally Posted by DaveP
So..

How many people in this thread have driven both a AT & a Hustler?
How many people have been to both the AT plant and Hustler plant?
How many people understand the construction differences between the AT & Hustler?

I own neither boat and I have done or understand the above. Just because you own one it doesn't make it the best boat. Take a moment to learn all of the facts.

.....I have driven both a 34 and 2 38's, a Merc and Vyper/Annis and owned one A.T. A 37. A buddy of mine(Strip Poker) has a 38 also, well built boats. Just got back from the KW PR and drove a 33, as well as rode on Steve Libby's 33 for 4 hours. Both have there finer points but the A.T. rides better, doesn't chine walk and can keep it's azz on the water at speed. The 33 with 525's hit 93 and is not properly propped right, 4 people and luggage. As far as the facility goes Hustlers is definitely nicer. As to sales, and numbers, I was let down at the Miami show from Hustler, no return phone calls or emails of our transaction at the show. After 2 false promises from Joe, not a good beginnin. I ended up with another 4300 Nortech, less money and the way I wanted it, which worked out great, dont even know why strayed away.

Drive both and then make your own decision. Take a look at the new hardware vs the older models. A.T. has picked it up a notch. Hustler has always done a nice job but hasn't really retooled anything. good Luck Jeff

Last edited by Jassman; 11-18-2006 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply: 34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.