Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145354-34-hustler-cheetah-vs-33-active-thunder.html)

32storm 11-18-2006 02:40 PM

Re: 34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder

Originally Posted by f311fr1
AT hands down. Custom vs production. Joe Murray

Ignorant comment. Anyone familiar with Hustler would far from consider them a production builder.

You have (2)good possible choices. AT would be on my short list of manufacturers. They are certainly a top quality manufacturer from everything I have seen. I would try to get out and drive them both.

Make arrangements to visit Hustler's facility, as you have already been to AT. I wouldn't base my decision on how a Slingshot drives, if I was buying a Cheetah. No more than I would base it on a 37 AT, if I was looking for a 33.

slboatdrinks 11-18-2006 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by runafever
Love the lines of the hustler but I would probably have to go with the Active Thunder. Heard a lot of great things about this boat. Nice looking rig. Remedy kicks a$$

Thanks for the compliment. :D

TeamSaris 11-18-2006 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
Thanks for the compliment. :D

I 2nd that comment. :D :cool:

blaniac 11-18-2006 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Another thought Blane...

Schweeng aka Chris Prouty would be a great person to gather an opinion from. He owned a 388 Huslter in SoCal, and has spend considerable time on my 37AT before I owned it.

I realize both boats are bigger than you are looking, BUT they are both big brothers to the siblings you are looking into. I am sure he can give you a well spread opinion.

Brian

You have quite a bit of information, some of which is fairly accurate and I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond as you have, just wish it was Pat doing so.

That being said, yes Steve the first owner of a 33' was there and we did chat quite a bit, but it was Pat I was there to meet. Call it bad timing or circumstances, but I took what little time I had left on a highly condensed trip and made the trek up to the AT factory instead of seeing more of the show. I did walk the docks as well and actually boarded the unattended 37' AT and took many photos and of course would have loved to have gone out for a run.

I do quite a bot of my boating in Havasu, but that is 5+ hours away, whereas the Pacific is only 30 minutes. I would really like to get something that is suitable for Havasu but could also handle the Pacific. Chris and his crew all pretty much run 38' Cig TG's, so a 37' would really be a great option for me, aside from towing from AZ to CA and/or vice versa.

I was in fact not in the market for a boat at the time of the Miami show last year, but wanted to see a handfull of boats for very near future consideration, AT being at the top of my list. I may not have been a serious buyer at that precise moment, but when someone flies all the way across the country to see a certain boat and MFG., something has to be said for that.

Thanks for your valuable input and I am still waiting for Pat to respond to my 11/14/06 PM.

cosmic12 11-18-2006 08:14 PM

blaniac, have you seen the one 4 sale that is out there in CA.??? Looks like a great deal. It is in the classifieds on here. You should call him and maybe you could hook up and check it out. Oh wait a min thats a 37, sorry my bad

blaniac 11-18-2006 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12
blaniac, have you seen the one 4 sale that is out there in CA.??? Looks like a great deal. It is in the classifieds on here. You should call him and maybe you could hook up and check it out. Oh wait a min thats a 37, sorry my bad

Yes, I have seen that boat in the classifieds and if I was to pull the trigger today on a boat, that would undoubtedly be it. Just needs maybe a windshield like the new AT's come with and that's about it.

cosmic12 11-18-2006 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by blaniac
Yes, I have seen that boat in the classifieds and if I was to pull the trigger today on a boat, that would undoubtedly be it. Just needs maybe a windshield like the new AT's come with and that's about it.

I wish I could aford it now I would be on it also. The windscreen is easy. and they do work real good. :cool:

Ca$hed Out 11-18-2006 09:25 PM

Ditto on the 'wish I could afford'. I just sold my Nordic and would love to have an AT 33'. The biggest problem I have is that they are too new to find a slightly used one that would make it affordable for me.

The thing I fear most right now is being without a boat in April as the season draws near. I guess it could be worse and my boat would still be in the classifieds.

Brian is working on me however, I need to find some extra $$$ somewhere. When someone figures out how to do this, can you PM me?

docmanrich37 11-18-2006 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Ditto on the 'wish I could afford'. I just sold my Nordic and would love to have an AT 33'. The biggest problem I have is that they are too new to find a slightly used one that would make it affordable for me.

The thing I fear most right now is being without a boat in April as the season draws near. I guess it could be worse and my boat would still be in the classifieds.

Brian is working on me however, I need to find some extra $$$ somewhere. When someone figures out how to do this, can you PM me?

Congrats on the sale of the Nordic.If you need to find some extra $$ look in your wifes' purse. :D

Ca$hed Out 11-18-2006 09:38 PM

Rich - we need to catch up...been too long. I will call you this week.

Wife doesn't know it, but I pawned the Louis V purse to get another grand into the pot for my down payment :)