Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145446-teague-sterling-ke-custom-engine-mechanics.html)

Jassman 01-20-2007 07:53 AM

Re: Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 1938572)
Well Julie S is long gone, you can call Keith at 386-446-9379

I tried that as well as Pat at Active Thunder in 03 on my 37 A.T. Radio Active. The boat stayed at the factory for over 3 1/2 mos. All I got was the run around, for a year. Very disappointing, soured me on the whole KE experience. Not enough R&D especially on the 675's, and it's unfortunate to make the customers their test bed. I ended up having some one else half azz fix the problems, all at a cost to me. Big let down, I should have stayed with the factory 500 efi's at the time. Jeff Jassby

Jassman 01-20-2007 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play (Post 1999056)
Well I can tell you from personal experience to stay as far away from GT Performance as you possibly can unless you are up for the biggest nightmare you have ever had in your life. Anyone else have a simlilar experience.

When I went to retrieve my parts and or fictisious motors TMP built for me. Steven Emmons told me he sold all the Whipple chargers to some shop on the west coast. Then he told me that David Richard and him were on the out's and please keep him out of the law suit. Well I met with both of them, taped them, and I'm truely looking forward going to court. Eddie was the only reason I bought from them, always truthful, glad he is on his own. Jeff Jassby

LubeJobs42 01-20-2007 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 1940947)
Keith's new company is Kustom Engines and he is building COMPLETE engines for the general public and has no binding agreements with anyone

They are doing a great job building some new "state of the art engines". They just built a set of motors for my buddy Joe and they are putting out 1300 on pump gas. Can't wait to see his speed! If they perform as we think they will, I'm ordering a set.

Strip Poker 388 01-20-2007 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by socalstone (Post 1941104)
I called KEPP, not knowing it wasn't the real deal. So it was KEPP that wasn't very helpful. As I understand it this motor was ordered through the real KE in the fall of 2004 and KE himself spec'd the motor and had Sterling do the assembly due to his financial situation. Regardless, the motor is long out of warranty and my original question still stands- What do you do 2 years down the road if you run into an issue? find the hottest mechanic local to you? or do you call the original builder for help? What could they do hundreds of miles away anyway?

That means you talked to Kepp AKA CP perf,hardin marine .

They should of atleast refered you to the real Keith,thats pretty shetty of them:(

Andy01 01-26-2007 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play (Post 1999056)
Well I can tell you from personal experience to stay as far away from GT Performance as you possibly can unless you are up for the biggest nightmare you have ever had in your life. Anyone else have a simlilar experience.

Wow really surprised to read your post. I have had nothing but great luck with GT Performance. Gary and the team have rigged two boats for me and I have bought two motors from him. He has done all of my service for a few years and I can't say anything but great things about his shop. He is rigging another boat for me right now and is already helping design and layout my next one. I know my friends that have used him have been veryhappy with the results as well. I understand from time to time not everybody is going to be happy, but "stay as far away GT as you possibly can" is a little harsh. I would say don't use anybody but GT.

Andy

bob 01-26-2007 09:26 PM

Lubejobs, Joe's engines were a work of art. Agruably the nicest looking engines out there. KE productions are truly in a category of their own and continually set the bench mark for other manufacturers.

Pwrbt33 01-26-2007 09:37 PM

If you cant find anyone local to help you out with maintnance or general work, feel free to give us a call. We maintaine a fleet of Sterling, Cobra, Teague, Mercury Racing, Eddie Young. etc... boats here on the Chesapeake Bay.

John S.:D

Reed Jensen 01-26-2007 10:22 PM

Do I need to say anything?......... :D

customryder 01-27-2007 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dean Gellner Engineering He takes great pride in his engines.. They are build with great care & are bullet proof.
216-398-8500
Jeff