Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics? >

Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

Notices

Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

Old 11-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

I'm looking at buying a low hours boat with a KE675sc efi motor. I've done a few engine pulls as well as successful head, cam, and exhaust swaps but wondering who you turn to regarding custom engines? Curious how owners of Teague, Sterling, KE custom motors- how they handle troubleshooting issues, maintenance, etc...

Last edited by socalstone; 11-19-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered

Default Re: Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

Are you in So Cal and have the boat here in So Cal ??
Old 11-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Registered

I've always had good luck with my Teague motors, Bob and Norm were always there when I had questions. What I really like is they build sheets they give you with their motors and the keep them in their computer as well. When I redid the top end I changed springs manufacturer which required a change to the heights. Bob went into the computer and pulled all the clearence numbers and sent the right parts. I've also found him to be competitive with Summit and Jegs on parts.

Now we'll let Reed chime in.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
I've always had good luck with my Teague motors, Bob and Norm were always there when I had questions. What I really like is they build sheets they give you with their motors and the keep them in their computer as well. When I redid the top end I changed springs manufacturer which required a change to the heights. Bob went into the computer and pulled all the clearence numbers and sent the right parts. I've also found him to be competitive with Summit and Jegs on parts.

Now we'll let Reed chime in.
Roflmao..... A picture says a thousand words.......
Attached Thumbnails Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?-rod-1-resized.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Registered

I had a KE675 take a dump under warranty and Julie S. would not cover it ,so the dealer and boat manufacturer contracted a local engine builder to build a new motor,who ever you use they will need to contact EFI Technologys to get a copy of the computer program that controls that motor.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeD
I had a KE675 take a dump under warranty and Julie S. would not cover it ,so the dealer and boat manufacturer contracted a local engine builder to build a new motor,who ever you use they will need to contact EFI Technologys to get a copy of the computer program that controls that motor.

Well Julie S is long gone, you can call Keith at 386-446-9379
Old 11-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm a newbie to the site.

No, Socalstone is just a nickname.... I'm on the east coast in North Carolina. Considering a 28 Pantera with a KE 675 sc. The motor is actually a Sterling assembly spec'd out by KE during his bankruptcy.
I spoke with the guy who originally ordered the boat, and spoke to Jo at Pantera. Both were great to talk with. The boat is in great shape. low hours (30) and there is no concern over the engine as is. We test drove it and it ran beautifully. Just wondering what people do when they do run into problems with motors of this caliber, and where do you find mechanics worthy etc.?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

"Well Julie S is long gone, you can call Keith at 386-446-9379"

I called KE when i was first looking at the boat. Spoke to some guy- whi told me in so many words: they couldn't help with anything that took place during the bankruptcy.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by socalstone
"Well Julie S is long gone, you can call Keith at 386-446-9379"

I called KE when i was first looking at the boat. Spoke to some guy- whi told me in so many words: they couldn't help with anything that took place during the bankruptcy.
Did you talk to KEPP, as in CP performance, or did you talk to THE KE, as in the engine builder? They are seperate. Go by what gatorone posted. He owns the badest set of KE motors around, and should know.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

If I have my facts straight, Keith Eickert is not currently building complete engines, per some kind of legal wrangling with the prior owner of his company. KE Power Products sells parts. Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

But KE's engine's rocked. Great reputation.

Teague's stuff, regardless of one opinion (and keep in mind there are always two sides to a vendor-customer story), is awesome. I know lots of people who have his engines, and they rave about their performance and his service.

Sterling, too, is quite good. All three builders you're looking at are at the top of the heap.

Last edited by 100-Plus; 11-21-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.