Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics? >

Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

Notices

Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

Old 11-21-2006, 05:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
If I have my facts straight, Keith Eickert is not currently building complete engines, per some kind of legal wrangling with the prior owner of his company. KE Power Products sells parts. Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

But KE's engine's rocked. Great reputation.

Teague's stuff, regardless of one opinion (and keep in mind there are always two sides to a vendor-customer story), is awesome. I know lots of people who have his engines, and they rave about their performance and his service.

Sterling, too, is quite good. All three builders you're looking at are at the top of the heap.
Keith's new company is Kustom Engines and he is building COMPLETE engines for the general public and has no binding agreements with anyone
Old 11-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome news, Gatorone. Thanks for the current scoop.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered

I've been running a pair of Teague 900 EFI's for 2 seasons. Haven't had any problems and the engines make the full 900 HP and then some. Great motors.
Attached Thumbnails Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?-img_0552-large-.jpg  
Old 11-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I called KEPP, not knowing it wasn't the real deal. So it was KEPP that wasn't very helpful. As I understand it this motor was ordered through the real KE in the fall of 2004 and KE himself spec'd the motor and had Sterling do the assembly due to his financial situation. Regardless, the motor is long out of warranty and my original question still stands- What do you do 2 years down the road if you run into an issue? find the hottest mechanic local to you? or do you call the original builder for help? What could they do hundreds of miles away anyway?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

East coast you have JC PERFOMANCE who is on this site and is everygood I here
Old 11-22-2006, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by socalstone
I'm looking at buying a low hours boat with a KE675sc efi motor. I've done a few engine pulls as well as successful head, cam, and exhaust swaps but wondering who you turn to regarding custom engines? Curious how owners of Teague, Sterling, KE custom motors- how they handle troubleshooting issues, maintenance, etc...

in your area i would contact JOEY GRIFFIN . i belive he is in washington nc.

phone # is 242-946-1883... i belive... use the search box in the upper right corner and read up on him.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by socalstone
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm a newbie to the site.

No, Socalstone is just a nickname.... I'm on the east coast in North Carolina. Considering a 28 Pantera with a KE 675 sc. The motor is actually a Sterling assembly spec'd out by KE during his bankruptcy.
I spoke with the guy who originally ordered the boat, and spoke to Jo at Pantera. Both were great to talk with. The boat is in great shape. low hours (30) and there is no concern over the engine as is. We test drove it and it ran beautifully. Just wondering what people do when they do run into problems with motors of this caliber, and where do you find mechanics worthy etc.?
I know that boat & engine better than anyone so feel free to call me at 704-905-0086 maybe I can ease some of your concerns as well as share the facts surrounding the boat & engine build w/ you.

Mike D'annibale of Sterling Performance is the man you want to introduce yourself to & I can assist you w/ that introduction. He can tell you anything & everything you want to know about that engine as well as recommend a capable servicing facility in your vicinity.
Attached Thumbnails Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?-patriyacht-water-011.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 11-22-2006 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
I know that boat & engine better than anyone so feel free to call me at 704-905-0086 maybe I can ease some of your concerns as well as share the facts surrounding the boat & engine build w/ you.

Mike D'annibale of Sterling Performance is the man you want to introduce yourself to & I can assist you w/ that introduction. He can tell you anything & everything you want to know about that engine as well as recommend a capable servicing facility in your vicinity.

NASCAT,
Wasn't this your old Pantera?
Dean
Old 11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
NASCAT,
Wasn't this your old Pantera?
Dean
We have a winner folks, no more calls!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I can tell you from personal experience to stay as far away from GT Performance as you possibly can unless you are up for the biggest nightmare you have ever had in your life. Anyone else have a simlilar experience.

Quick Reply: Teague, Sterling, KE, Custom Engine Mechanics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.