Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ethanol (E-10) over the winter..Tanks ful or empty?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145646-ethanol-e-10-over-winter-tanks-ful-empty.html)

OldSchool 11-21-2006 08:10 PM

Ethanol (E-10) over the winter..Tanks ful or empty??

I've heard many opinions on this in the last month. I'm of the belief that opinions are like azzholes, and everyone's stinks...except mine! :D :evilb: just kidding

So, what are those of you who winterize going to do. Fill 'em to the top.... or run 'em empty???????

I've always filled up with some stabilizer in the tanks, but that was before the E-10. :rolleyes:

Panther 11-21-2006 08:15 PM

Re: Ethanol (E-10) over the winter..Tanks ful or empty??

I dunno dude.... I left mine half full this year... forgot to go to the gas station before bringing the boat home.. :rolleyes:

I'll just drink beer and hope! :drink:

OldSchool 11-21-2006 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
I dunno dude.... I left mine half full this year... forgot to go to the gas station before bringing the boat home.. :rolleyes:

I'll just drink beer and hope! :drink:

Mine are half empty right now :D

..but I'm hoping to run the boat a few more times in the next few weeks. Not sure what to do, but I'll drink beer all winter anyway. :drink:

GEORGE YURICK 11-21-2006 08:24 PM

3 words........store it EMPTY... :(

Fenderjack 11-21-2006 09:50 PM

I would store it empty, we have had bad F^%kin probs with that **** already in my dads boat, also alot of other people around my area that I know.. Anyway beer is good :drink:

GLH 11-21-2006 10:06 PM

Empty.

Ethanol makes the fuel hold a lot more humidity over time... Even a civil servant can understand that.

hunster 11-21-2006 10:14 PM

You know I blame E-10 for everything that has gone wrong with my boat in this season . I blew a motor with less than 30 hours on it at the nyc poker run. Merc built it and they couldnt have messed up that bad that it would spin a rod bearing that fast. Must have been the fuel. I can only run for like 1 mile at wot without cooking the oil. Must be the fuel . My brand new starboard battery won't stay charged. Must be the fuel. My trim indicators don't work anymore. Gotta be the fuel. My bilge is extreemly clean. Must be the fuel leaks. :evilb: I'm gonna leave it as low as I can and change the fuel filters more often (I did 3 times this season) and top it off with some fresh fuel before I hit the water in the spring and have a couple beers with panther. What the heck do I know , I pimp rides for a living. :drink:

cig1988 11-22-2006 03:58 AM

I'd say choice 2 on empty and why take a chance. But then again choice 3 is looking good.

DiamondPerformance 11-22-2006 06:05 AM

Mercury says leave tanks empty during long periods of storage.

BillR 11-22-2006 06:53 AM

Here's what I have done this season:
Added PRI-G and Stabil to existing fuel. Ran the boat until I was as empty as I could get it. (maybe 10 gal per tank)
Then I have added about 10 gal per tank of aviation fuel.
Additive should stabilize fuel, while AV gas is also very stabile and would dilute any ethanol.