Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for a good place to keep my boat in Florida (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14573-looking-good-place-keep-my-boat-florida.html)

fermin 09-10-2001 05:22 PM

Cig42, let me know where you decide to keep your boat. I'll be in and out of FL. throughout the winter. Maybe we can hookup, make a run to a nearby key or just hangout in Lauderdale/South Beach. A more recent tour of the Cig factory wouldn't be bad either. We can get there by water.

joey O

Cigarette42 09-10-2001 05:22 PM

DanL:
Yeah EverGlades seemed real quite this spring.
Next to shooters would be good, I had a boat stored there 4 years ago for the winter but was a 23 donzi, they could not take my 42 at the time ,i will try them again, can't remember the name of the place? new onwers since 2 years i believe.

there must be a nice palce where you can have the elecrtic hook up and water ,showers etc, for when its in the water overnight.
Thanks
Gary

Brad 09-10-2001 05:41 PM

For a mechanic I suggest calling Chris Hanley at Martin Offshore 954-587-1220. Chris and his boss Tres, know their stuff when it comes to Cigs and hi performance. Chris once drove from Ft. Lauderdale down to Key West to help me with a problem I was having on a Saturday.

Horseplay38Cig 09-10-2001 05:52 PM

Depending on how much you'll be in and out, Mark Adams at Marine Management might work for you. There are lots of quality people in the area to service the boat. Try Tom Hofstetter at Chief. By the way, you ought to try to get the boat to FL sooner. Key West for the races is a great time.

Cigarette42 09-10-2001 05:56 PM

Joey sounds good,
I have never went futher than miami on the water would be great to get together and do a trip to the keys or bimini, and oh yes south beach what a blast.
Never had a bad time in Florida so much to do.
I have cars for sale at a few Luxury dealers in florida so i will be working out of Florida all of january and febuary but will be down in december of and on.

when you go down do where do you keep your boat?

Gary

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: Cigarette42 ]

Johnm 09-10-2001 06:01 PM

Cig42, I think Marina Mar is the name of the marina right next to Shooters. I keep my boat at Harbor Town Marina which is on the Dania Cut-off canal. It's a nice marina and the fork lift drivers are good. The only problem with it is that there is no reputable mechanic on-site. When I need work done Doller Offshore comes and picks it up. Martin Marine is also only a few miles away. Harbor Towns number is (954)926-0300.

Nauti Kitty 09-10-2001 11:09 PM

Cig 42 Call Ron at sunny isles marina, North Miami. The guys are great, the service is great, they are 10 minutes from cig,tnt, and 10 minutes from haulover cut. Inside storage but they are filling up fast. NK ;)

fermin 09-10-2001 11:38 PM

Cig42, I don't know as of yet where in FL. I will store the Cig. There is a good chance I will be in FL. at the end of this month to check out some indoor storage facilities (non marina storage places) I have a line on a couple of places, very inexpensive. My plan this year is to keep my dually at moms in Boca, an rent marina time when I am there. This way it makes it very economical to boat and service.

joey O

Cigarette42 09-11-2001 12:30 AM

brad: thanks where is Martin Offshore? do the have a web site?

Horseplay38Cig:thanks I will check out Mark Adams facility, i would love to get it down early but i am installing new drives and engines and want it done right ,,but you never know?

Johnm: yeah thats it Marina Mar right next to shooters and bootlegers..... great place to see nice boats and hotbody contest every saterday afternoon, can't wait to get back
I try to visit Harbor Town Marina, and check out their rates.

Nauty Kitty: thanks but Miami is a bit far for me i know the lauderdale area well and have a lots of friends near by.

joeyoffshore: gets expensive for storage but
for me I won't have a pick up available to put it in the water each time, also i like the security of a marina. we can hook up any time i will be out every chance i get.

Regards
Gary

Reindl Powerboats 09-11-2001 09:13 AM

Have to second that Chris Hanley and Tres are great, they have done work for us before. Steve also knows his stuff too.