Notices

Sonic--Opinions and Thoughts

Old 11-27-2006, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: Sonic--Opinions and Thoughts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
If AT is so great, why aren't they more popular. The only ones I have seen here in FL is RadioActive and a blue/white one in Sarasota area. Just to put it in perspective: I have seen 4 38 Powerplays despite only 11 or 12 ever produced and I have seen 5 47 Apaches yet only 20 something of those were ever made.

How many 37 AT's are actually floating around at this point?
Don't be a hater!! I was just poking Sydwayz with a stick for being such a cheerleader.

There are a ton of AT's in Virginia.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

If AT is so great, why aren't they more popular. The only ones I have seen here in FL is RadioActive and a blue/white one in Sarasota area. Just to put it in perspective: I have seen 4 38 Powerplays despite only 11 or 12 ever produced and I have seen 5 47 Apaches yet only 20 something of those were ever made.

Clark knows the number of 37s off the top of his head.

Just wait, AT is going to grow quickly. For the past few years, Pat has built AT as a second/third business. NOW, with Jay Ross and Frank Marchone on board, the business is turning a corner, and I do mean "business" in several forms.

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Don't be a hater!! I was just poking Sydwayz with a stick for being such a cheerleader.

There are a ton of AT's in Virginia.
"Save the cheerleader; ^ Buy an Active Thunder^ Save the World."

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-27-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

There is about 40 37 AVH's AT built from 1999 to date (don't know how many 37 V's,32, 25, 28's have been produced. I know that they have built 2 33's so far). That is how many a year? 5-6 per! They are custom made a not mass produced like Fountain, Donzi, Baja. They are very popular with people that want to custom build a boat. Not just buy one from a dealer because you can not. Out of 40 + boats, how many 37 are for sale? 3! Here is the FPC roster. It is pretty representative to the number manufactured.

1. .Fountain Powerboats: 90 members
2. .Cigarette Racing Team: 77members
3. .Sonic USA: 30 members
4. .Nor-tech: 27 members
5. .Baja Boats: 26 members
6. .Wellcraft: 25 members
7. .Formula: 24 members
8. .Black Thunder Powerboats: 21members
9. .Outerlimits Powerboats: 18 Members
10. Apache 41&47 Commanche: 18 members
11. Douglas Skater 18 members
12. Donzi Marine: 17members
13. Hustler (and Talon): 11 members
14. Spectre Powerboats: 11 members
15. Active Thunder: 10 members
16. Powerquest Boats: 10 members
17. Velocity: 9 members
18. Powerplay: 8 members
19. American Offshore: 5 members
20. Apache Powerboats: 4 Members
21. Sea Ray: 3 members
22. Eliminator Boats: 2 members

Last edited by crb76; 11-27-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Wasn't knocking them, just wondering how many out there. Look at the date on your FPC list:
Based on current Membership Roster of about 500+ members (December 2002).
There are many manufacturers represented in Florida Powerboat Club's membership roster.
The ranking within the FPC roster of the manufacturers in the order of strongest representation is

I understand small custom boat companies but since they are made here in FL I thought I would see more of them out there. That 42 Sonic that is in the classified is at Peanut Island every weekend, several poker runs this year and every boat show I have attended in the last 18 months. That is the type of exposure that AT needs to get more out there.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

"Save the cheerleader; ^ Buy an Active Thunder^ Save the World."

Now that right there is some funny chit!!!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Just to get back to the topic at hand...

Dave1972, I would not have any qualms about buying a Sonic of any age/timeframe. Just look it over real well, run it hard, and inspect it again, and get a FULL survey (as you should on any pre-owned boat). If new, I would not have any worries about buying a Sonic. The new owners are NOT new to the game. They went through some growing and merging pains, but the company is bringing Sonic back to where they were, and where they should be.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wasn't knocking them, just wondering how many out there. Look at the date on your FPC list:
Based on current Membership Roster of about 500+ members (December 2002).
There are many manufacturers represented in Florida Powerboat Club's membership roster.
The ranking within the FPC roster of the manufacturers in the order of strongest representation is

I understand small custom boat companies but since they are made here in FL I thought I would see more of them out there. That 42 Sonic that is in the classified is at Peanut Island every weekend, several poker runs this year and every boat show I have attended in the last 18 months. That is the type of exposure that AT needs to get more out there.
Old stuff. 2002. There are more AT's now. They are just located all over the country.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I've never seen a 32' AT porpoise, or even heard of such. Where did you get this info from?

Some 35x Sonics have had some issues with porpoise in the past with inexperienced drivers, but you just need to know where to trim it.

Like I said my friends 98 porpoises at about 35-40, it lays right down at 40 though! ( no matter how it's trimmed) and to my knowledge the X dimention hasn't been changed.
I also talked to a guy at a pokerrun who had an older AT, he claimed it porpoised at the same speeds also......that's the only reason I asked! currently I'm looking at #1 33PP's #2 31Sonics #3 32 AT's so I'm trying to soak up as much knowledge on each one as possible.............Thanks for the replies...........
Old 11-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SUNSATION 25
Like I said my friends 98 porpoises at about 35-40, it lays right down at 40 though! ( no matter how it's trimmed) and to my knowledge the X dimention hasn't been changed.
I also talked to a guy at a pokerrun who had an older AT, he claimed it porpoised at the same speeds also......that's the only reason I asked! currently I'm looking at #1 33PP's #2 31Sonics #3 32 AT's so I'm trying to soak up as much knowledge on each one as possible.............Thanks for the replies...........

If you are looking for a 32 AT. I have a friend in here in Houston that has the cleanest one available. It is a 2001 with rebuilt 502 MPI's that are about 495 horse a piece. He may want to sell it. He has been looking at the new 33 and 37 ATs.
Attached Thumbnails Sonic--Opinions and Thoughts-ec06_adams_barry_8254.jpg  

Last edited by crb76; 11-27-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by crb76
If you are looking for a 32 AT. I have a friend in here in Houston that has the cleanest one available. It is a 2000 with rebuilt 502 MPI's that are about 495 horse a piece. He may want to sell it. He has been looking at the new 33 and 37 ATs.
Would like hours and price info if serious--know other folks shopping.

Quick Reply: Sonic--Opinions and Thoughts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.