Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   TRACVISION Mobile Satellite Television (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145864-tracvision-mobile-satellite-television.html)

hunster 11-28-2006 11:01 PM

Re: TRACVISION Mobile Satellite Television

A7 is done. If you can find one grab it. the new a5 is out and is a bit more expensive. It does have some good updated features though. If you have a a7 you definatly know the noise you hear as the system looks for the sats on startup , no more! It is now a shiny black (or silver) and a little more low profile. There is a custom bracket kit for the h2 roof racks that you do need to mount it. My best price would be 2450 un-installed. I used to sell the a7 for less than that installed. Not sure what happened to the pricing but that is the deal for now. After ces in jan there are usualy some deals , just not right now!

WHOSNEXT 11-29-2006 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by hunster
A7 is done. If you can find one grab it. the new a5 is out and is a bit more expensive. It does have some good updated features though. If you have a a7 you definatly know the noise you hear as the system looks for the sats on startup , no more! It is now a shiny black (or silver) and a little more low profile. There is a custom bracket kit for the h2 roof racks that you do need to mount it. My best price would be 2450 un-installed. I used to sell the a7 for less than that installed. Not sure what happened to the pricing but that is the deal for now. After ces in jan there are usualy some deals , just not right now!

HUNSTER, isnt it the other way around? the a5 is done and the a7 is new? also for the $2450. does that include the custom bracket kit for the h2 roof racks and shipping?

hunster 11-29-2006 05:05 PM

Right , the a5 is the old unit! I'm losing my mind! :rolleyes: checking on the bracket , sorry. It is the rack mount configuration but I do remember the rep saying something about a kit for the h2. I've only sold 2 and 1 was on a limo like bus w/ a big screen tv in the back and a conversion van so we had to use the flat roof mount into the fiberglass roofs.

fazznick 11-30-2006 12:57 AM

What is the cheapest tracvison unit to use on a sea ray 44 with a hardtop? I was looking a few months ago but everything was way more than I wanted to spend. The boat would never leave the lake of the ozarks. Tracvision is the brand that comes on the boat from the factory, isnt it?

cigracing1 11-30-2006 08:13 AM

Yea KVH is pretty much what everybody uses. You can buy the C3 which looks like the one that comes on the Motor Coaches for probably around $1,500.00. I think the C3 is the same as the R4 which is what they're still putting on the motor coaches. I did the new M3 on my 400 Express on one side of the arch and a dummy dome on the other and it looks killer.