Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Examples of Poker Run Stupidity (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145925-examples-poker-run-stupidity.html)

Anarchy Powerboats 11-26-2006 03:29 PM

Re: Examples of Poker Run Stupidity

Do you guys know these to actually be pics from a poker run? I don't know of one organizer that doesn't make pfd usage compulsory. If these are old pics why even bring it up again, just more fodder for the anti-boating folk don't you think?

DaveP 11-26-2006 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Do you guys know these to actually be pics from a poker run?

Yup - from a poker run this summer and theuy are posted on their website.

I don't know of one organizer that doesn't make pfd usage compulsory.

There are quite a few still that do not require lifejackets.

Waterboy123 11-26-2006 08:44 PM

I wonder how many more years it's going to take before drinking and boating is looked on as the same as drinking and driving (auto)....

Tom A. 11-26-2006 09:03 PM

Hey Dave,
NJPPC got a nice little write up in Poweboat Mag Editor's Report. I am proud to be part of a club that has been such an advocate of safety and been at the forefront of poker run innovations. To establish such a strict set of safety guidlines, true speed parameters, and now to add a 45MPH group to the runs is fantastic for our sport. It is ashame that so many people and poker runs can't follow common sense safety practices.
I wish all the OSO members could see firsthand how you run our poker runs.
That being said, I don't want to blow too much smoke about Dave P. because I can't be held liable for all his Jack Daniel's influenced posts on the message board. :drink: :drink:

Keep up the good work Dave and all the NJPPC Staff :evilb:

berns29scarab 11-26-2006 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Hey Dave,
NJPPC got a nice little write up in Poweboat Mag Editor's Report. I am proud to be part of a club that has been such an advocate of safety and been at the forefront of poker run innovations. To establish such a strict set of safety guidlines, true speed parameters, and now to add a 45MPH group to the runs is fantastic for our sport. It is ashame that so many people and poker runs can't follow common sense safety practices.
I wish all the OSO members could see firsthand how you run our poker runs.
That being said, I don't want to blow too much smoke about Dave P. because I can't be held liable for all his Jack Daniel's influenced posts on the message board. :drink: :drink:

Keep up the good work Dave and all the NJPPC Staff :evilb:

No need for me to say anything...

You've said it all and very nicely if i may add

Cash Bar 11-26-2006 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Superboat Guy
In post #3 does she have her top off... :eek:

I sure hope not......... :doggy:

T2x 11-27-2006 10:24 AM

If these are old pics why even bring it up again, just more fodder for the anti-boating folk don't you think?

There is more nonsense going around about hushing up the tragedies and bone headed plays .......for "our protection".

The truth is that we need more focus on this idiocy and I commend Dave for stepping up....

The more we isolate and identify the nincompoops.....the more awareness and embarassment we can create.

Only in that way can we prevent the moronic behaviour that is the true "enemy"

Don't shoot the messenger....shoot the idiot.

T2x

Anarchy Powerboats 11-27-2006 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by T2x
There is more nonsense going around about hushing up the tragedies and bone headed plays .......for "our protection".

The truth is that we need more focus on this idiocy and I commend Dave for stepping up....

The more we isolate and identify the nincompoops.....the more awareness and embarassment we can create.

Only in that way can we prevent the moronic behaviour that is the true "enemy"

Don't shoot the messenger....shoot the idiot.

T2x

nope, nothing about hushing anything up from me, it was just a question, nothing else........

On Time 11-27-2006 11:47 AM

I don't even drink! Been there, done that, wore out my welcome. Go to meetings these days. Any more out there? I see A LOT of stupid behavior such as "lets go for a midnight run". I was almost a victim in Lake Travis summer '04 when some idiot in a 25' P.O.S. with loud boom stereo was criss crossing the lake at night while we were underway at idle did he mistake my bow light for a bouy? I don't know, but that's where he was aiming. When my wife said, " I think he's gonna hit us!!", I had to do an emergency reverse manuever to avoid the collision,

McGary911 11-27-2006 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP
The lifejacket tied to the back of the boat is a classic. :rolleyes:

Covers up the boat's name and port nicely tho' :rolleyes: :rolleyes: