Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Western diesel chips, exhaust and stuff ! Pull more ! Get better milage! >

Western diesel chips, exhaust and stuff ! Pull more ! Get better milage!

Notices

Western diesel chips, exhaust and stuff ! Pull more ! Get better milage!

Old 02-07-2002, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
THey are alittle behind on the site . THem boys are real buisy ! I just e-mailed it to ya Wally !
Old 02-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Registered

Wow ! You guys are putting a hurtin' on my e-mail !! Thanks for the response ! I will get to the rest of you that e-mailed me tonight .Sorry . I'm trying THis is overwhelming the response to western diesels products .Every on I tell has sent me 2 or 3 more customers ! I even have people takeing off other systems to switch to this one ! Thanks everyone !
Old 02-08-2002, 01:39 PM
Registered

To all of you that e-mailed me, thank you .

I hope I got back to all of you .If not please let me know . YOu may have gotten lost in my e-mail and I am sorry .

Again ,All OSO members will receive a free gift with any purchase . Something cool too ,not something usless !
Old 02-08-2002, 01:54 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boot, glad to hear things are crazy. We are a Banks and ATS distributor. It's good to hear that the Western chip is performing so well. We tested it a few years ago and they were marginal at best. I kenw they would get on track and produce a better product, I just haven't had time to do any further testing. One thing you should mention to your customers is the trans, ie. automatic. At the mentioned performance levels you will easily "blow" right through the parameters built into the now available 4R100 trans in the Fords, and the Allison is only rated marginally higher than the Ford. The Dodge automatic, forget it. The new 03s with the new 5R100 and Dodges new trans will undoubtedly lessen trans. failures and further enhance the performance mods that are now available. Again, glad to hear things are going so well!!
Old 02-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Registered

Neverfastenuf, your are right . We all know, (Well those of of us that will admit it ) ,that an automatic is the week link in any truck . Hopefully all of our customers will respect their equipment and not do "holeshots" out of the lights with their new 52' outerlimits in tow !
I will never understand why the dealers tell you that heavy towing should be done with an automatic . Luckily the chips reprogram the shift points, lock the converters,and remove most of the slip so that the trans shifts better and does not create a lot of heat .Most of the time automatics don't actually break peices ,they slip until they over heat and burn out . Thats why any towing aplication should install extra gauges to monitor trans temp on automatics , EGT's to watch exhaust temps and boost gauges just because they are cool ! Actualy boost gauges can help you to get better milage . When you see a lot of boost that you don't need ,back out and save fuel . If your not worried about fuel and late to go boating , HAMMER DOWN !!
Just respect your equipment . Drive it like it's yours ,BECAUSE IT IS !