Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Western diesel chips, exhaust and stuff ! Pull more ! Get better milage! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14594-western-diesel-chips-exhaust-stuff-pull-more-get-better-milage.html)

boot 02-06-2002 07:33 PM

Western diesel chips, exhaust and stuff ! Pull more ! Get better milage!

Having gotten the permission from off shore only, I would like to share this with all of you .
I am a dealer for Western Diesel products . www.westerndiesel.com They make computer chips ,exhaust brakes , stainless exhaust systems , ram air boxes ,high flow air filters ,gauges and gauge mounts. I have used Banks ,ATS, super chip ,hypertech and a few others . I am not nocking there products ,some did OK others did not . I don't like the fact of changing turbos if the truck already has one or changing an innercooler if it already has one . Granted, other companies make "hot" chips . THese are companies that make chips for gas engines and some thought they would just jump into diesels . Not ever having used diesels or fully understanding them . THats why they have high exhaust temps and average power . Western Diesel does nothing but late model diesels . They know diesels inside and out and all there people drive diesels . Since they only do diesels, I think they would have to be good if not the best to servive in the buisness .They use chips , exhaust ,and better air intakes to create a little or a LOT of power depending on what you want . They have ,in some cases decreased exhaust temps over stock . Their stuff is impresive !

On Fords ,they have standard chips that gain from 50-65hp and 100-150 ft lbs torque ,depending on the exact truck,with JUST a chip . Add a ram air box and gain 13% more . Add an exhaust and gain 20-30hp &30-40ft lbs . And pick up 1-3 mpg.
Fords also have a tri-power chip too .(low,med ,high) 75-107& 165 hp! up to 354 ftlbs torque ! and 2-4 mpg better .ON a 2002 ford that would be 430hp & 900 ft lbs !

Dodge gains 65hp-188 ftlbs .1-2 mpg .exhaust will also get another 20-30 hp & 30-40 ftlbs .

Chevy Duramax gains 70hp-120 ft lbs. 1-2mpg. And exhaust is about 20-30hp,30-40 ftlbs. CHeck out there site for all the deatils and warrentee info . I know that Centurion & 2L customs puts westerns systems on all there custom trucks and they are factory warenteed.

I would like to offer all OSO members a deal . I can not sell below retail in all fareness to other dealers . But , I can through in some FREE accessories to help you out .Let me know if I can help .E-mail me for info sheet and price list .
Thanks ,JOE

If there are any other Western dealers on the board e-mail me .I would like to talk and make sure I am not stepping on any toes ! ;)

boot 02-06-2002 07:40 PM

There web sight is a little behind . THey do not have the Chevy listed yet but I have info if you like it .

Boats and trucks ,all they need is "MORE POWER"! :D :p :cool:

Crazyhorse 02-06-2002 08:20 PM

A friend of mine bought a 1-ton Ford non-dually 4x4 diesel and routinely pulls 15k lbs from Joliet to Holland MI. Loves the truck and says he's happy with the power it makes now. Sets the cruise at 75 and just sits and enjoys the ride. He might sing a different tune if he had to pull through the mountains though.

boot 02-06-2002 08:34 PM

Crazy horse ,your right .When you hit the hills it seperates the men from the boys !

I pulled my boat with a 2000 f350 . I gross almost 26,000lbs . I set the cruise at 70-75 going to the shore about 75-100 miles away .Also pulled it back from Michigan with no problem .THat truck was stock .My 2002 has the full package going on it ! 3 stage chip , turbo brake, 4" stainless exhaust , ram air , and gauges . I can't wait to hit the mountains with the boat ! :D

Like you said, the stock trucks had plenty but more is always better ! Like my boat .It would go fine with 500's but my 1000's are cool ! :D :p :cool:

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: boot ]

boot 02-06-2002 08:38 PM

The only thing I can't figure out is why my truck gains 60% power and also gets better milage . My boat didn't get any better milage ,thats for sure ! :eek:

Audiofn 02-06-2002 11:35 PM

Boot you are going with the Western chip? Let me know how it goes.

Jon

boot 02-07-2002 09:47 AM

Yeah jon ,I'm doing the 3 stage chip from western diesel . It has 3 settings , low ,towing ,and "Hang the hell on "! :eek: Also putting the ram air box and full stainless 4" exhaust with pollished 5" outlet. I should have it on next week .

Audiofn 02-07-2002 09:50 AM

Cool. I was looking at that three stage kit myself it looks real nice. Let me know what you think

Jon

Wally 02-07-2002 10:07 AM

why dont they have anything listed for the Duramax's? :(

Audiofn 02-07-2002 10:15 AM

If I was to guess it is because it is still a fairly new motor????