Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cigarette gone too far with logo's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/146055-cigarette-gone-too-far-logos.html)

boatme 11-28-2006 07:48 AM

Re: Cigarette gone too far with logo's

Some love it, some hate it

It is how they keep the name in front of everyone
Those who don't know better still call offshore boats "Cigarettes"

It is all about marketing and I think both Skip at Cig, and Reggie at Fountain, are marketing geniuses

Ever notice Fountain always does two to three page ads next to each other in the magazines?? You cant just blow past one page and not see the ads This is marketing at its best

Cig on the other hand just badges EVERYTHING
Again not a bad way to go, and the cheapest billboard you can buy.This is marketing genius at work. Marketing is making the best of the resources already out there and capitalizing on those resources you have

Harley has done it for years

I know alot of guys that go looking for more BLING with there boat names on it, or clothing, or whatever to represent there passioned ownership

If you want subdued you should buy a boat subdued they are cool as well and some traditional paint jobs are just clean and cool

But obviously there are alot of people who like all the badging. Cig sells alot of tricked out boats. Many are proud to be loud

Nortech does a nice job !!! Look at people like customryder on this site, he took a Nortec that was nicely appointed and put more logos on it and it looks GREAT

Hey, if we all liked the same thing, we would all own the same boat, and all be married and divorced from my ex wives :D

VIVA LA DIFFERANCE

Chest Rockwell 11-28-2006 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
Just write the check I'm sure they won't mind.

Well said. They will build it however you want once you write the check.

cigrocket 11-28-2006 07:56 AM

At least they are including the LOGO's in the ticket price. Imagine if you called up Cigarette and ordered 40+ logos to add to your rig. And then had to install them. If anyone has ever ordered a Embroidered Hatch Patch they know what I am talking about. LOL

DoTheMath 11-28-2006 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
At least they don't use $10 dune buggy steering wheels!!!! :eek: :eek: :evilb: :evilb:

LOL! I never could figure that out!? :rolleyes: :p

Downtown42 11-28-2006 08:28 AM

makes the Cig owners feel better about themselves :cool:

Some enjoy overkill, keeps the world spinning.

BLee 11-28-2006 08:33 AM

It has nothing to do with Cigarette or any other brand. It has to do with who ever ordered the boat like that. Cigarette will build whatever you want.

It's no different than a rapper putting Louis Vuitton seats in his Mercedes. You can't knock Mercedes Benz for a customers bad taste.

Too Old 11-28-2006 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by BLee
It's no different than a rapper putting Louis Vuitton seats in his Mercedes. You can't knock Mercedes Benz for a customers bad taste.

Damn....Now my feelings are hurt. The truck's up at the upholstery shop and I was going to get those new Louis Vuitton seats installed. It was either the Vuitton or Ted Nugent Camouflage.

Along comes Brandon and implies that might be in bad taste???? :D

wrinkleface 11-28-2006 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
makes the Cig owners feel better about themselves :cool:

Some enjoy overkill, keeps the world spinning.

The only overkill U do is try'n 2 sodomize your dog U PERV!
U Sicko! :p :p :evilb: :evilb:

Downtown42 11-28-2006 09:20 AM

WrinkleNuts....I got your messages, tnks, I'll call ya soon dog breath :evilb:

back to the action.

Sydwayz 11-28-2006 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
At least they don't use $10 dune buggy steering wheels!!!! :eek: :eek: :evilb: :evilb:

Its because Fountains ride so rough, that when you come down hard and bend the steering wheel; its cheaper to replace.

:evilb: