Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/146072-where-cigarette-kilo-boat-now.html)

Coolerman 12-01-2006 10:10 AM

Re: Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ???

Originally Posted by vtec
catamaran with and without pads

I don't think a pad on a cat is that big of a deal. The big thing about putting a pad bottom on a vee boat is for stability, although they are faster. It gives the boat a bigger footprint, which in return can help make it more stable. A cat already has a wide footprint.

jayboat 12-01-2006 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by vtec
dude, i just exported these images from Unigraphics.

dude- I had to shrink them to attach

dude I whipped this up in 3 minutes at work.

and dude, if you click the enlarge buttom they are viewable.

oop. my bad. sorry.

thanks for the input, now get back to work! :drink:

vtec 12-01-2006 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Ok so I know what a pad bottom is. So if the boat was a 46 Velocity we'd have a new kilo record! :D

A Velocity with steps is called a "Fountain" :p

The Shadow cats (and others) have a "pad" on the keel(s) line.

Skaters don't have a pad.

Different schools of thought.

Now....could they put a pad on the CIG to make it faster?

cuda 12-01-2006 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I'm w/ Strip....WHAT DOES PADDING THE BOTTOM MEAN?

Here's an example of a padded bottom, but I don't see how it would make the boat faster.

SLOWOUTBOARD 12-01-2006 09:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You Can Kinda See The Pad On My 26 C/c Scarab About 10' Long By 8-10 "NOT AS WIDE AS THOSE ^^^^^

Downtown42 12-02-2006 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Go back to post 1 and start reading the thread again, there is no mention of fountain or Reggie until post 14, when one of the usual idiotic cheerleaders for Fountain jumps in... Yet you ask why people bash them, for that exact reason, a retard that likes nothing better than to stir things up. Congrats to you on having a boat that you are comfortable with and enjoy, but remember some of the people in your camp like to throw the mud first.

Good point. :D

Tom A. 12-03-2006 01:11 PM

I have stayed quiet on the Fountain fans until now! I am getting really annoyed at the fact that everytime I start following a thread on this board, it gets hijacked by the JACKAZZ Fountain followers. Fountain builds a good boat but I don't need to hear you guys proffessing your faith to everyone. You guys are becomeing the Jahovas Witnesses of the board! Eventually everyone will close the door and not listen to any of you.

Sorry I just had to vent. This was started as a Cigarette thread right?!

OL40SVX 12-03-2006 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I have stayed quiet on the Fountain fans until now! I am getting really annoyed at the fact that everytime I start following a thread on this board, it gets hijacked by the JACKAZZ Fountain followers. Fountain builds a good boat but I don't need to hear you guys proffessing your faith to everyone. You guys are becomeing the Jahovas Witnesses of the board! Eventually everyone will close the door and not listen to any of you.

I totally agree Tom. It seems as though in every thread about a freaking boat as well. Not just this one.

THEJOKER 12-03-2006 04:11 PM

The point I was trying to make was if you chnage the original hull design to a padded bottom , what is it? That would be like me saying my 28 would be the fastest 28 in the country if I added a pad to it. :p

Downtown42 12-03-2006 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A.

I think it goes both ways. 1-2min in search didn't take long to see the other side. Here is a nice thread started by a repectable Cig guy and someone has to start rippin on Fountain...see post 14. :mad:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...light=Fountain

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. For the most part it is all in fun. If not, ignore is there for your use.
I won't lower myself to have an avatar that pisses on OL. (what a knob :p ) They build a good boat. Just not as fast as Fountain and most likely never will :evilb: