Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Can I ask someone for help looking at a boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/146131-can-i-ask-someone-help-looking-boat.html)

donzimanva 11-29-2006 10:44 AM

Can I ask someone for help looking at a boat?

Hello. I don't post very much so I hope no one holds that against me. I'm in Virginia Beach, Virginia and am interested in the 2001 33' Cigarette Cafe Open (center console) that is advertised over at Fastboats in Pompano Beach. I think that Craig Barrie (sales) over at Fastboats and I have come to a $ agreement, but I need someone with a bit of experience in evaluating boats to go over there and take a quick look at this boat for me. I would very much appreciate this and will send a $100.00 check for your time. Anyone interested? Again, I would really appreciate this if someone could take an hour out of their day, (as long as they live in Lauderdale or Pompano of course).

PhantomChaos 11-29-2006 11:01 AM

Re: Can I ask someone for help looking at a boat?

Take the day and check it out yourself or have it checked out professionally. What is a guy stopping by going to tell you?

OldSchool 11-29-2006 11:28 AM

No one has more experience than Craig Barrie at looking at Cigs!! I would take his word for it on whatever he has told you about the boat.

.....There is another guy in that area that you could get to look at it for you, his name is Scott Smith and he has a little experience with the Cigs. Heck, he probably test drove the boat when it was new!! His number is (954) 614-7076 cell.

Of course, If you want to have it surveyed, Ed Cozzi is the Man down there in that area. His number is (954) 895-4633. He rarely even charges people for his services!!! :D :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

Chris Sunkin 11-29-2006 11:30 AM

PROFESSIONAL SURVEY!!!

I've seen beautiful boats that were meticulously cared for that had rotten stringers. I've seen hundreds of instances of shoddy patchwork both structurally and mechanically. Buying a boat without a thorough professional survey is Russian Roulette.

rainmn 11-29-2006 12:19 PM

Might not hurt to take a look at this

I don't know anything about it, but I stumbled across it in a search the other day. If I was in the position to buy right now, I'd be in MD looking at it this weekend.

OldSchool 11-29-2006 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by rainmn
Might not hurt to take a look at this

I don't know anything about it, but I stumbled across it in a search the other day. If I was in the position to buy right now, I'd be in MD looking at it this weekend.

A good buddy of mine traded that boat in on a Formula 40SS over the summer. It's a VERY nice boat!!

baja36ft 11-29-2006 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by donzimanva
Hello. I don't post very much so I hope no one holds that against me. I'm in Virginia Beach, Virginia and am interested in the 2001 33' Cigarette Cafe Open (center console) that is advertised over at Fastboats in Pompano Beach. I think that Craig Barrie (sales) over at Fastboats and I have come to a $ agreement, but I need someone with a bit of experience in evaluating boats to go over there and take a quick look at this boat for me. I would very much appreciate this and will send a $100.00 check for your time. Anyone interested? Again, I would really appreciate this if someone could take an hour out of their day, (as long as they live in Lauderdale or Pompano of course).

IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PULL IT HOME LET ME KNOW
I LIVE NEAR YOU...