Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Can I ask someone for help looking at a boat? >

Can I ask someone for help looking at a boat?

Notices

Can I ask someone for help looking at a boat?

Old 11-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I ask someone for help looking at a boat?

Hello. I don't post very much so I hope no one holds that against me. I'm in Virginia Beach, Virginia and am interested in the 2001 33' Cigarette Cafe Open (center console) that is advertised over at Fastboats in Pompano Beach. I think that Craig Barrie (sales) over at Fastboats and I have come to a $ agreement, but I need someone with a bit of experience in evaluating boats to go over there and take a quick look at this boat for me. I would very much appreciate this and will send a $100.00 check for your time. Anyone interested? Again, I would really appreciate this if someone could take an hour out of their day, (as long as they live in Lauderdale or Pompano of course).
Old 11-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Registered

Default Re: Can I ask someone for help looking at a boat?

Take the day and check it out yourself or have it checked out professionally. What is a guy stopping by going to tell you?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

No one has more experience than Craig Barrie at looking at Cigs!! I would take his word for it on whatever he has told you about the boat.

.....There is another guy in that area that you could get to look at it for you, his name is Scott Smith and he has a little experience with the Cigs. Heck, he probably test drove the boat when it was new!! His number is (954) 614-7076 cell.

Of course, If you want to have it surveyed, Ed Cozzi is the Man down there in that area. His number is (954) 895-4633. He rarely even charges people for his services!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PROFESSIONAL SURVEY!!!

I've seen beautiful boats that were meticulously cared for that had rotten stringers. I've seen hundreds of instances of shoddy patchwork both structurally and mechanically. Buying a boat without a thorough professional survey is Russian Roulette.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might not hurt to take a look at this

I don't know anything about it, but I stumbled across it in a search the other day. If I was in the position to buy right now, I'd be in MD looking at it this weekend.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmn
Might not hurt to take a look at this

I don't know anything about it, but I stumbled across it in a search the other day. If I was in the position to buy right now, I'd be in MD looking at it this weekend.
A good buddy of mine traded that boat in on a Formula 40SS over the summer. It's a VERY nice boat!!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by donzimanva
Hello. I don't post very much so I hope no one holds that against me. I'm in Virginia Beach, Virginia and am interested in the 2001 33' Cigarette Cafe Open (center console) that is advertised over at Fastboats in Pompano Beach. I think that Craig Barrie (sales) over at Fastboats and I have come to a $ agreement, but I need someone with a bit of experience in evaluating boats to go over there and take a quick look at this boat for me. I would very much appreciate this and will send a $100.00 check for your time. Anyone interested? Again, I would really appreciate this if someone could take an hour out of their day, (as long as they live in Lauderdale or Pompano of course).
IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PULL IT HOME LET ME KNOW
I LIVE NEAR YOU...