TRACVISION Mobile Satellite Television

Notices

TRACVISION Mobile Satellite Television

Old 11-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRACVISION Mobile Satellite Television

does anyone sell it on here? looking for a good deal on a a7.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Registered

Default Re: TRACVISION Mobile Satellite Television

I am a dealer. What are you putting it on? Do you need the roof mounts or are you using a existing roof rack? Shipped to NH? I believe it can go ups oversized , have to check that out. I know they went up a little bit this past summer but I'll check the price and see what I can do on monday.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Its going on a H2, i have roof racks, i thought it just bolts up to them? yes to NH. thanks....let me know.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Banned

I have the system in my peterbuilt and love it. I watch my nascar races while your boat is behind my truck at 70mph.
Attached Thumbnails TRACVISION Mobile Satellite Television-dscn0563.jpg   TRACVISION Mobile Satellite Television-dscn0570.jpg   TRACVISION Mobile Satellite Television-dscn0568.jpg  

Old 11-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

bump....still looking....bgchuby01 nice rig
Old 11-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the big boy Sat on the boat but have reserched pretty much all the KVH stuff and the price is the same everywhere.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Banned

the unit should be around 2200 plus labor to install. give or take
Old 11-28-2006, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
I have the system in my peterbuilt and love it. I watch my nascar races while your boat is behind my truck at 70mph.

While you eat Chinese food!!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Do they make a small unit that would be more concealed on a boat???
Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

The one on the truck in the pic is the smallest decent unit available. If it isn't small enough for you, then you'll have to wait another 5 years.

That's about what the current timeframe is for the next downsize.
Up until 1.5-2 yrs ago, the smallest was a 30" diameter dome x 17" tall.
5 years before that, it was 26" diameter x 35" tall.

The one you are seeing is a "phased array" which spins a tilted flat antenna collector all the time, it has bunches of small patches of antenna on its surface, so at any given time, several of the patches are receiving a signal. The antenna computer constantly switches to the patches that are receiving a good signal and combines them. Cool technology. This is why it can be low profile.

The "older" tech actually finds the satellite and constantly tracks it as you move. It's a different technology, and currently the TRACKING antennas still pick up a better signal. But with digital you only need about a 68dB signal, so if the phased array give you a 72dB signal, and an older tracking unit gives you a 96dB signal (which is like 256 times as powerful), it still gives you the same picture to look at. No difference.

Where it would be noticeable would be in an area with secondary roads with tall trees right by the roadside on the south side of the road. Or parked at an RV park with trees.

And I'm not positive, but I believe the phased array unit can't be powered down and still get reception. What I mean is that even while stationary I believe the phased array unit has to be spinning which makes a little bit of motor noise and depending on how it is mounted, maybe a bit of echo noise thru the structure. The tracking dishes can be powered down when you are stationary and they still feed a signal to the receiver so you can watch. And even when they are "on" they aren't very noisy - but they do constantly track which is a low pitched fairly quiet whirring sound. But like I say, the tracking systems on the big units can be shut off and still feed all your receivers.

If somebody has a phased array setup, I'm sure they can chime in and correct me if i am mistaken about not being able to power them down.

Last edited by mcollinstn; 11-28-2006 at 10:38 PM.

Quick Reply: TRACVISION Mobile Satellite Television

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.