Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ft Lauderdale Boat Storage/Hi-Dry Options (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/146186-ft-lauderdale-boat-storage-hi-dry-options.html)

Sean 11-30-2006 07:11 AM

Ft Lauderdale Boat Storage/Hi-Dry Options

Can anyone recommend a good secure place to store my Cafe for the winter? I'm looking for Hi-Dry service and plan to use the boat a couple of times over the course of the winter.

What are my options?

What are the fees?

James 11-30-2006 09:12 AM

Re: Ft Lauderdale Boat Storage/Hi-Dry Options

I have used "American Offshore" 954-924-9444 they are located on Dania cut off cannal - they have handled by 38 Formula with tender loving care in years past -

otis311 11-30-2006 09:19 AM

Call Alan Lima. His family has a place on the New River in Downtown Lauderdale that a few of us here on the board store our boats for the winter. Its called Riverfront Marina. 20 min Idle to the open ocean and the facilities are 1st class

Bob Scanlon
518 361-6521

Sean 11-30-2006 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by James
I have used "American Offshore" 954-924-9444 they are located on Dania cut off cannal - they have handled by 38 Formula with tender loving care in years past -

I've been to American Offshore...how far is the idle zone...it seemed to be pretty far from the ICW...

warbird 11-30-2006 03:23 PM

AO is about a five-ten minute idle out the canal to the ICW, then another ten minutes or so north to the inlet.

They DO take great care with boats, or at least they did when I lived there. And, it seemed very secure.

PurpleStuff 11-30-2006 03:28 PM

there are other threads on this exact topic. have you checked the search option yet?

Lucky Strike Jr 11-30-2006 03:38 PM

Hideaway Marina in Pompano Beach, 954-943-3200. 6 month or 1 yr plans and it's a 20 min. idle to the inlet during manatee season. Call Eddie and tell him I told you to call.

tanner 11-30-2006 04:05 PM

I have a spot at the Port Marina on 17th St. I think I may have sold my 35 ft. boat and it will be available in a week or so (if the deal goes through) It is the nicest state of the art facility in Florida. A/C dehumidified and most important all controlled by computer with air bags to lift the boat in and out off the rack. No more forlifts beating the **** out of the bottom of your hull. And only 7 minutes idle speed to the port everglade inlet!!!!! 700.00 month. the slips are selling for $235,000.

Let me know and I will advise if it becomes available

Todd

Sean 11-30-2006 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleStuff
there are other threads on this exact topic. have you checked the search option yet?

yeah... i'm new here. :rolleyes:

thanks for the advice...

cowisl 11-30-2006 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
Call Alan Lima. His family has a place on the New River in Downtown Lauderdale that a few of us here on the board store our boats for the winter. Its called Riverfront Marina. 20 min Idle to the open ocean and the facilities are 1st class

Bob Scanlon
518 361-6521

Heading down tomorrow. Cant wait! Thanks again for the help Bob