If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    29 Fountain
    oshawa ontario
    I  Voted

Post Anybody know about a 30ft Cobalt offshore

A friend of mine called me and asked if I knew anything about them, I dont. Its an 86, one of the 420s is sick, but the price is right.

My Boats:
    02 Cigarette Mystique T/S
    Naples, Maine

Thumbs up

A friend of mine had one back in the 80s, I remember it being very well built but heavy.
    How much $$? The 420 was a very good motor.

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: Biggus Dikkus ]

They were nice boats. I do not know how they laid them up, but at on time in my life I was talked into selling boats for a cobalt dealer. We went to their dealer meetings and I had been told that they hand laid all of the glass.1st thing you saw when you walked in the plant was a guy with a chopper gun. I do believe that the condurre was the carrera hull and deck that cobalt borrowed. A nice looking boat and they rode well. There were a few at LOTO. Forrest

My Boats:
    little cat...BIG MOTOR
    Aurora Ontario

Doug,one of the members of PBCC has a 30 cobalt with 330's in it.solid,heavy but slow.He is rerigging it with blown small blocks from his old boat over the winter.if you want to look at it,it will be at Full Bore marine in new market over the winter for the rerig.Call Neal at 905-853-1583.

My Boats:
    1999 Cobalt 293 and 1974 Cigarette 20

Cobalts are very popular here in the Central US. They are made in a small town in southeast Kansas about 15 miles north of my hometown (also small). The 300 Condurre was made in the mid thru late 80's in limited production. They are very heavy but ride like a Cadillac. I saw one listed for sale in California that had upgraded the motors and drives that claimed 70 mph. Here's a link to one for sale at Lake of the Ozarks.