Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Loto snow damage. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/146288-loto-snow-damage.html)

Reed Jensen 12-05-2006 06:02 PM

Re: Loto snow damage.

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Reed.....it translated for me! It was perfectly clear to me!

Thas cuz you a smart-muh-fuggah, Norty.... thassright!... :D

Buddy OO 12-05-2006 06:07 PM

heard on the st. louis news, losses are expected to exceed 500 million $ and take 3-5 years to rebuild, there will be alot of work there and hopefully will bring some profits to some of the business's there

PhantomChaos 12-05-2006 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
You are right, and a house shouldn't fall down in a 10.0 earthquake. No damage should come from a cat 5 hurricane. An F5 tornadao shouldn't do more than than blow some leaves out of a tree.

Get into reality. Mother nature is a strong force that you can not plan for.

Wrong....you can plan for and have too! You can bet these won't be replaced with the same construction.....even the new one's built this year that failed.

If no one built better the next time, where would things be? The wolf blew down the piggys house made of straw, the wolf then blew down the house made of wood.....but.....the last piggy build it strong enough that the structure could withhold the forces (Wolf). Simple stuff!!! :D :D

offshoredrillin 12-05-2006 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Griff
BTW, don't ever try to become a comedian :D People might not pick up on the punch line :evilb: :evilb:

reed and kramer went to the same comedy school..its the monkeys fault:evilb:

Downtown42 12-05-2006 07:36 PM

VonBongo, you don't live there anymore by Millers? Where are you at now?

Millers seemed to have a well built dock system.

tlark 12-05-2006 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
heard on the st. louis news, losses are expected to exceed 500 million $ and take 3-5 years to rebuild, there will be alot of work there and hopefully will bring some profits to some of the business's there

Someone enlighten me on the 3-5 years to rebuild. I watched a crew of 5 guys build a dock with 24 slips sized 12'x36' +/- in 10 days. Unless were talking a materials shortage here.........I know the damage is extensive but that long !!

Mentalpause 12-05-2006 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by tlark
Someone enlighten me on the 3-5 years to rebuild. I watched a crew of 5 guys build a dock with 24 slips sized 12'x36' +/- in 10 days. Unless were talking a materials shortage here.........I know the damage is extensive but that long !!

The estimate took into account deer season(s)! :evilb:

Sean H 12-05-2006 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by tlark

new docks were out 3-4 months before this happened.... what they can do, and what they do are two different things... and that estimate might take into consderation the massive amount of fiberglass that will need to be fixed...

h2oboy 12-05-2006 10:22 PM

3-5 years more than likely includes damage to all of the marina's here on the Mississippi River. We had extensive damage here locally as well.

dykstra 12-05-2006 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Frequency
Around here we used to call these freak snowstorms "WINTER TIME." In the 70's you expected several storms like this every year. When this storm went through, the weathermen all said they had not seen this kind of snowfall since 1979. I think people have forgotten what midwest snow storms used to be like.

agreed