If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: Loto snow damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rippem
    wonder what kind of wall thickness? 'Cause it looks like they folded much like the sheetmetal!
    mine are 1/4".... the main problem is lateral bracing, nobody does it because it doesn't look very good.... they get loaded up with snow and then the wind blows, they start folding up...

some of those cruisers roofs are 16-18 feet high with minimal bracing...

they are two different problems going on in some of the pics... the first is the docks that are sinking, usually have the older non-encapsulated foam or not enough floats... the second problem is the taller roofs with no bracing, a few X braces would go along way on some of those roofs..

Gold Member Gold Member RebarBox's Avatar
    My Boats:
    05' Cobalt 343, 28' Cigarette a.k.a (Bicycle), 91' Ciglett, 08' Tahoe 215, plus some other crap.
    Grove, Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
    We got the same storm in Northeast Oklahoma before it headed to LOTO. 2-3" of sleet followed by 8-12" of snow. Does anyone know if there was any damage on Grand Lake?
    None around Grove that I've seen or heard of. We got about 1 1/2" of sleet with maybe 4 inches of real light snow and the wind blew enough the the snow accumulation was not consistent on any roofs.
    'Inez - Get them panties off' Quote - Roy D. Mercer

Platinum Member Platinum Member Mentalpause's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Nor-Tech 340 CC

Quote Originally Posted by Sean H
    the second problem is the taller roofs with no bracing, a few X braces would go along way on some of those roofs..
    Great point. Ours is 22 feet at the peak. There is a set of horizontal braces at around 12 and 16 feet, and those are connected with L brackets connecting them in an X pattern. They are high enough up that they are not unsightly.
    Last edited by Mentalpause; 12-02-2006 at 09:34 AM.

Platinum Member Platinum Member SLOWOUTBOARD's Avatar
    My Boats:
    26 scarab cc
    long island ny

Question Re: Loto snow damage.

Why Doesn't Anyone Take There Boat Out For The Winter? Doesn't The Water Freeze At Some Point.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Sea-Dated's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sold the Cafe' and boatless for now.....
    Tulsa, Oklahoma / GLOC

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
    Why Doesn't Anyone Take There Boat Out For The Winter? Doesn't The Water Freeze At Some Point.
    Not down here. We hardly ever even see ice form on the surface. Let alone the whole lake freezing.
    The Cafe' is for SOLD!!!!

My Boats:
    99 27 Kryptonite
    Brick, NJ

sorry to see and hear that guys good luck

Ginger or Mary Ann? Charter Member US1 Fountain's Avatar
    Lafayette, IN

There are tons of boats left in all winter here. The hull is supported better in the water than on blocks. But then a damaged boat is of no good. Roll the dice. Many of them have never been out of water since launch. A couple are 60's era.
    The marina air bubbles and use Ice Eaters to keep the water from freezing.
    Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-01-2006 at 11:01 PM.

My Boats:
    Fountain - 2001 35 Classic, Nortech - 2015 340 Sport Open

Has anyone heard how the condo complexes are holding up? I can't get any definitive answers. How hard is it to get up on the roofs and shovel the snow? My boat is sitting in a slip at the 2 mile marker (Monarch Cove)

Lakeside Commercial Member LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS's Avatar
    NorthEastern, PA

OMG, OUCH! I hope everyone fairs out ok.. That dammage really sux! As if anyone needs needs something else to worry about now, especially with the holidays coming up soon.. 570-639-2628
    We Make Fast Toys Faster, Cool Toys Cooler and Old Toys New!.. Performance, Custom & OEM Parts & much MORE![/CENTER]

Completely Nationwide

Wednesday it was over 70 degrees. It started raining late wednesday night and kept raining until thursday afternoon. The temp had dropped to 35 degrees at 2pm on thursday and freezing rain began. Freezing rain continued until early Friday morning and then began snowing. All this with 20 to mph winds. I had two inches of solid ice on the driveway and the driveway has an incline. Plus, 6 inches of snow.

A friends buiding collapsed. The roof just caved in. There are trees and powerlines down everywhere and some people are still without power. Don't tell me that the docks weren't built the right way. The oak tree in my front yard is laying over and I'm sure it wasn't built right either. Yeah. Sure.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast