Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again >

Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Notices

Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Old 12-03-2006, 04:06 AM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Guess hes got a short memory.......the Seebolds won everything in sight for years
Old 12-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes sense to me. When Extreme Exhibit with his quadruple 1300's pulls up next to me in my Sonic, I always throttle down so as not to hurt his feelings.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
Makes sense to me. When Extreme Exhibit with his quadruple 1300's pulls up next to me in my Sonic, I always throttle down so as not to hurt his feelings.
good one
Old 12-04-2006, 06:55 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The Rinker comment had to more to do with levelizing competition than a true point of view. That having been said, after seeing Rinker's boat run at Hartford....it's a generation ahead of the others. Billy is an old friend and his hulls have stood the test of time no doubt, but that Lee Craft is the next step on the evolutionary ladder IMHO. I agree with the earlier poster that the Seebolds will step up...and soon.

As to PB's overall editorial slant, I must, once again, commend them for taking positions that are topical and controversial. The fact that they may disagree with some of our posters, does not necessarily make them all bad. Heck, I do it all the time. But, the fact that recently they have taken firm positions is refreshing, as opposed to simply gushing about every new personality or product that comes along... There are many other "rags" that are guilty of that.

I applaud any deviation from the tired old formulas that we've been exposed to for years.....and not just in magazines.

T2x
Old 12-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Eric,I thought about that. Went back and re-read the whole page. The Poker Run comment was spot on,the Key West World's comment was spot on.The APBA Mission was weird,but seemed serious. So I have no reason to believe there was sarcasm in the Rinker article. But I might be wrong,what does everyone think,sarcasm or not?
Just a thought.....I didn't think he could be serious! I am sure it costs plenty to compete in these events...Anyone with that kind of coin probably wouldn't be the kind of person to back-off and take 2nd place...gotta be a real 'go-getter'...my .02
Old 12-07-2006, 12:51 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BK
Most likely is.

Tim & Bill began manufacturing a fiberglass Mod-VP style tunnel boat in the 1980s (Seebold Eagle) and that eventually turned into a fiberglass boat building company called Seebold Boats (pleasure boats) . That company was sold mid-90's or thereabouts, but the new owner died in a plane crash not long afterward, and the molds then remained in storage for some time. Abilene, TX manufacturer "Emerald Boats" then bought most of those molds around 1998.

Tim Seebold still builds boats, but now he only builds racing tunnel boats for the Champ and SST-120 classes - both wood and fiberglass. He's actually just designed a new safety seat for boat racing, to improve side-impact protection (see Nov Hot Boat mag).

About the comment made by Powerboat Mag and Terry's total domination -- maybe they are just having flashacks of the Miss Budweiser dynasty which ruined the Unlimited Hydroplane sport?

But one dominating season isn't going to chase off the other teams...not yet, anway. Terry and his team really spent a LOT of time testing and tweaking during the offseason, and that's the key to any victory - hard work.

BK~
I checked out Emerald for a buddy looking to buy a used one, seems they have gone belly up also. Dont know if the molds have been sold on.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtie
The Patriots have won enough Super Bowls now maybe they should lay back and let some other teams win the next few years.
NEVER!!!