Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   American Muscle 175.000$ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/146398-american-muscle-175-000%24.html)

Cigaretteman 12-03-2006 09:32 AM

American Muscle 175.000$

http://www.boatsandoutboards.com/view/F122750/

This is a scam !!! I wrote to this guy asking him about the boat nowing it was a scam. For this price I would have pawned the girlfriend at bought the boat right away. I just wanted you guys to know this and alert Ron that his boat is for sale!!!

Here is the answer I got back :

Hello there and thanks for your interest
First of all let me introduce myself, so that you know to whom you are talking to. My name is George Andani.
As you've probably already seen on my ad the price I'm looking for my 2004 46' Cigarette Rough Rider is US $175.000.00.
Few words about the boat: it is in perfect condition,is like new, with no scratches,
no marks, no hidden defects,10on a scale from 1 to 10 . Everything is shining and looking brand new,I have only used it for a few times . I have a clear title for it , no liens or loans.
Immacuately maintained. American Muscle series, hull #1. As featured on Powerboat Magazine cover and countless other advertisements. Twin Fresh 1075s with full 90 day WARRANTY from Mercury Racing. 0 hours on refresh. 2,150 total horsepower. 115 MPH top speed. TAOD graphics. Dry Sump #6 drives. Myco 5th wheel trailer with full drive guard and moped/motorcycle racks. Dual redundant Raymarine GPS with 12in screens. David Clark 5 user headset system. Extended cover girl cabin.
One of the most noticeable boats on the water and the docks.
I will only conclude the transaction through eBay for our own protection. They act as a neutral third party. I shall explain to you the process, so that you know what you are getting into!
If we decide to proceed with this transaction, I will have to contact eBay and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away. I will be needing your full name and address for that. You will receive a notification from eBay shortly after that, together with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well.
Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to deposit the money to an eBay account. They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the boat in good condition.
That is how their buyer protection policy is working. As far as the seller concerns, i will be glad to know that eBay has the possession of the money during the delivery period. That is my insurance.
As soon as i will have the confirmation from eBay that the funds have been deposited to their account, I will immediately start the shipping process.
The boat will be delivered from US to your address in no more than 15 days.You will be given a 15 days inspection period from the day you receive the boat at home.
If you decide to hold the boat, then you will have to authorize eBay to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed. If you will not be satisfied with the boat, you will be able to send the boat back through the same shipping company, and ask eBay to return the funds to you.
Though i am sure you will love the boat and will not want to return it, it is good to know that you do have this second option available.
I want to point out that because i am in the process of moving because of changing my working place, I am after a fast transaction, with no delays. That is why i decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.

If you wish to proceed with the purchase,please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through EBay right away.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards
George,

bouyhunter 12-03-2006 09:44 AM

Re: American Muscle 175.000$

Tell him you'll forward him $250K once he provides bank account info and routing numbers, and have him send you back the $75K difference :D

Tony Montana 12-03-2006 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman
http://www.boatsandoutboards.com/view/F122750/

For this price I would have pawned the girlfriend at bought the boat right away.

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :drink:

Lucky Strike Jr 12-03-2006 10:26 AM

That's my buddy's boat.........:mad: :mad:

The boat is for sale though, a little more than $175k though :D.

Pure Energy 12-03-2006 10:43 AM

Ebay does not act as a 3rd party. Someone tried to scam me on a Procharger set up and said the same thing. He even sent an authentic link to an Ebay page. Then came the payment to be wired through western union to a 3rd person in london.

offshoresteve 12-03-2006 11:56 AM

Pictures and price for the girlfriend :D include any terms and conditions :evilb:

Buddy OO 12-03-2006 01:42 PM

I know the guy that just bought it, worked out the deal and did steal it. would'nt say what he spent, I'll find out though

Scott B 12-03-2006 05:48 PM

Here's an interesting one.. I've never seen one where no matter what link you click it goes to email the guy..

Chevelle for sale

10x 12-03-2006 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
Sounds about right, Ron was coming down this weekend with the buyer to finalize the deal, I think he was from Chicago?

Sounds about right. If my buddy buys the boat, he already asked me last week, to take his truck down there to pick it up for him. Hav'nt heard from him for a few days now, so I thought he did'nt buy it. I think I'll give him a call. I thought he said that the $$$ was a bit more than that. :rolleyes:

Frank

Lucky Strike Jr 12-05-2006 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 10x
Sounds about right. If my buddy buys the boat, he already asked me last week, to take his truck down there to pick it up for him. Hav'nt heard from him for a few days now, so I thought he did'nt buy it. I think I'll give him a call. I thought he said that the $$$ was a bit more than that. :rolleyes:

Frank

THE BOAT IS NOT SOLD. If anyone is seriously interested let me know and I will put you in touch with the owner. Otherwise, he will keep it. It is not advertised anywhere.