Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Octane Boost..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/146574-octane-boost.html)

99fever27 05-08-2007 07:41 PM

Ive never heard of "off road" gasoline only untaxed "off road" diesel.

CBR 05-08-2007 09:35 PM

C.L. screwed up the engines in his Red Scarab by running aviation fuel in it. He had a lot of av gas around. <gg>

Coolerman 05-08-2007 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by CBR (Post 2121355)
Carlos Ledher screwed up the engines in his Red Scarb by running aviation fuel in it. He had a lot of av gas around. <gg>

Your motor does have to have some small carb changes done, and it does have lead in it.

This is our 4th year coming running a motor at 1275hp+ on avgas with ZERO problems. That, and using redline oil of course. Also, we do put a small amount of 2 stroke racing oil in the gas which seems to make blower seals/strips really happy.

bblythe 05-08-2007 10:02 PM

VP Racing Fuel Makes a great product comes in 5 gallon cans I beleive 4 oz does 5 gallon

cougarman 05-09-2007 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by 99fever27 (Post 2121125)

Offroad fuel is basically all your agricultural fuel and for construction use too. It's not taxed for two reason's that I know of 1) cause they don't use the roads so they eliminate the road tax out of it. 2) Gov. gives the farmer a break on all there taxes for operation fuel,fertilizers,seed,etc. to make farming possible and to produce dairy products for the country.

Cougarman

Mark 05-09-2007 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by 99fever27 (Post 2121125)

I've seen it - but may be harder to get? If you can, you will save a lot of coin!:cool:

Mark 05-09-2007 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 2121555)
Offroad fuel is basically all your agricultural fuel and for construction use too. It's not taxed for two reason's that I know of 1) cause they don't use the roads so they eliminate the road tax out of it. 2) Gov. gives the farmer a break on all there taxes for operation fuel,fertilizers,seed,etc. to make farming possible and to produce dairy products for the country.

Cougarman

I only know of your first reason. As far as I know, I paid the same price as farmers I knew (my use was for excavation equipment). But I'm sure they got lots of extra breaks on their income taxes.

I thought I would mention "off-road" fuel as a way for everyone to try and save money. Most aren't aware of the stuff. One note: I changed fuel filters frequently when running the it in something other than heavy equipment. May not be ideal for tricked out engines. If I were running Diesels, I would run it all the time. But I am wondering if anybody has used it on their marine gas engines? Anybody?