Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cocaine Cowboys--A Miami Vice style documentary (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/146867-cocaine-cowboys-miami-vice-style-documentary.html)

CBR 12-13-2006 10:39 AM

Re: Cocaine Cowboys--A Miami Vice style documentary

It turned out I was unknowingly booking millions of dollars of swissy for Carlos L., the biggest coke transporter in the world at the time. Thank goodness that was years before all the anti drug laundering laws. He was supposed to be in jail for life, but since he gave the bribery details on president N. from Panama, they let him out.

A big chunk of Norman's Cay just went up for sale, $600,00 for a piece of history!

I guess you know the Bond car in front of Frank Baker's West Vancouver restaurant was sold to another big drug dealer in Columbia many, many years ago. That Goldfinger car must be worth millions now, but it may be rotting in some jungle.

Reed Jensen 12-13-2006 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by CBR
It turned out I was unknowingly booking millions of dollars of swissy for Carlos L., the biggest coke transporter in the world at the time. Thank goodness that was years before all the anti drug laundering laws. He was supposed to be in jail for life, but since he gave the bribery details on president N. from Panama, they let him out.

A big chunk of Norman's Cay just went up for sale, $600,00 for a piece of history!

I guess you know the Bond car in front of Frank Baker's West Vancouver restaurant was sold to another big drug dealer in Columbia many, many years ago. That Goldfinger car must be worth millions now, but it may be rotting in some jungle.

What?... Carlos Lehder is out of prison?... Nah..... He as recently as last year appeared in court crying how he didn't get a fair deal with his testimony against Noriega.
There were several DB5's built for that movie. There was the prop car that was used in movie promotions, and several used with mock-up goodies.

ctadams21 12-13-2006 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=Reed Jensen]What?... Carlos Lehder is out of prison?... Nah..... He as recently as last year appeared in court crying how he didn't get a fair deal with his testimony against Noriega.

I'be heard several things: He is in witness protection program, he is in max security...location unknown, and if you believe the far left media.....he is in Cuba. :rolleyes:

What's the real scoop?

Von Bongo 12-13-2006 04:43 PM

Interesting....Kramer got life and "the Godmother" got 20 years.

Interesting justice sometimes.

Zudnic 12-14-2006 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by CBR
I guess you know the Bond car in front of Frank Baker's West Vancouver.

I drive past where that restaurant WAS when I visit my parents. When the cars had been on display early eighties in the good ole days of nobody going to Whistler I remember seeing the DB5 and the Man From UNCLE car.......

Not my Dad, but, another broker in the same firm would give me $100. to deliver envilopes to a lady who's husband was in jail for bribing money manager's to invest in stocks he was promoting. Not bad money for a one block walk, unless it was raining. Her husband was latter found dead from an apperent MOB style hit!!!!

CBR 12-14-2006 11:10 PM

No need to go to Whistler in those days, all the snow was at the International Plaza Hotel disco, surrounding the PMs wife, Mrs. Trudeau!

I won the International Plaza Ginger Rogers suite for a weekend, Charleton Heston's Vancouver pad. Meet him and his wife in the Hotel pool several times. Now the Hotel is a condo.

Here in NJ, not five minutes from my house, a husband and wife Internet stock newsletter writer were murdered for being negative on certain Internet stocks. Killers were never found. Helped me decide to give up wall street and teach college for a while.

Reed, that is interesting, I had heard Mr. L was let our for his testimony against Mr. N. No wonder he was p.o.ed! Do you know what happend to the Frank Baker Bond car after it was sent to Columbia?

Reed Jensen 12-15-2006 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by CBR
Reed, that is interesting, I had heard Mr. L was let our for his testimony against Mr. N. No wonder he was p.o.ed! Do you know what happend to the Frank Baker Bond car after it was sent to Columbia?

It seems that Lehder is MIA in the prison system. He may be in Cuba... yeah.... Guantanimo with the muslim prisoners.
I don't know where any of the Bond cars are located today. There used to be one in Provo Utah that was owned by a jewler named Losey. Like I said .... there were several of them. The stunt mock-ups were several cars. I think most people when they think of the "Bond car" are thinking about several that were made for promotional purposes. None of the "trick" things worked on those cars. Hell... they didn't work on the stunt cars... they only looked that way on film. :D

Zudnic 12-15-2006 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Bond cars

My Dentist drove an Aston Martin DB5 and he also lived near me. Despite being a big city, our community was small townish in rumors! The rumor was his car was a Bond car, so I asked him and it turned out that's what everyone thinks when they see his car. He bought it new shortly after becoming a Dentist because of Bond......

I do not normaly drop names but the stock promotor was known as the Carter/Ward scandal.

Zudnic 12-15-2006 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by CBR
I won the International Plaza Ginger Rogers suite for a weekend, Charleton Heston's Vancouver pad. Meet him and his wife in the Hotel pool several times. Now the Hotel is a condo.

Howard Hughes also hid out in a Plaza suite to avoid testifying at the Water Gate hearings. One of his chief executives went further and bought a house in Van. In exchange for Canadian citizenship he tipped off Trudeau that Nixon had him and his wife under survailance and wire-taps. Hence why Carter signed the executive order prohibiting the CIA from spying on allies of the U.S. The Howard Hughes guy lived up the street from me and their son was in my class. Someone attempted to kidnap the kid in the early eighties and until the U.S extradited the father on a bunch of charges the family was under RCMP protection.......

dykstra 12-15-2006 01:06 AM

wow :p