Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone dealt with them? www.onestopmotors.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/146942-anyone-dealt-them-www-onestopmotors-com.html)

Perfectmix 12-11-2006 02:12 PM

Anyone dealt with them? www.onestopmotors.com

I recieved a call today from these guys www.onestopmotors.com regarding my add on my PQ for sale. They say they are a finance company and want to list my boat. The Fee is $499.00. The listing is good until sold. Goes on 15 websites including e-bay. They are from L.V. so I'm sure they offer creative finance. I am very leary of this kind of stuff due to all of the scams these days. I reviewed their site and seems to be legit. Just checking if anyone else had used them. Thanks

Jupiter Sunsation 12-11-2006 02:15 PM

Re: Anyone dealt with them? www.onestopmotors.com

$500 downstroke would scare me away :eek:

Perfectmix 12-11-2006 02:23 PM

The whole time I was on the phone I'm thinking to myself: "what kind of a scam is this?" Yeh 500.00 is alot up front but geez, traderonline gets 150.00 for a 30 day internet ad:eek:

AIR TIME 12-11-2006 03:18 PM

SKIP IT WAY TO MUCH :eek:

the duke 12-11-2006 03:39 PM

look around the various websites including Ebay and see what if any listing they have. Thats a lot of money up front before they do anything, IF they do anything.

WildWarrior 12-11-2006 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
I recieved a call today from these guys www.onestopmotors.com regarding my add on my PQ for sale. They say they are a finance company and want to list my boat. The Fee is $499.00. The listing is good until sold. Goes on 15 websites including e-bay. They are from L.V. so I'm sure they offer creative finance. I am very leary of this kind of stuff due to all of the scams these days. I reviewed their site and seems to be legit. Just checking if anyone else had used them. Thanks

I used their $199.00 package last Fall while privately trying to sell my 2004 CL55 AMG , in theory it's not a scam.
However it didn't help in finally selling my car 12 months later, I ended up letting a broker deal with it.

The truth is, if she is priced right for this market and more than likely it will be 15% less than these guy's will tell you when signing up for their program ,she will sell on the Auto Trader for $39.00.

Their ploy is that they will get you more $ for your car because of their financing, I didn't see it .
Good Luck!

Wally 12-11-2006 03:48 PM

Well then they should be making money on the financing side of it as well so why not tell them you'll pay their fee's only if they sell it....

Perfectmix 12-11-2006 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by WildWarrior
I used their $199.00 package last Fall while privately trying to sell my 2004 CL55 AMG , in theory it's not a scam.
However it didn't help in finally selling my car 12 months later, I ended up letting a broker deal with it.

The truth is, if she is priced right for this market and more than likely it will be 15% less than these guy's will tell you when signing up for their program ,she will sell on the Auto Trader for $39.00.

Their ploy is that they will get you more $ for your car because of their financing, I didn't see it .
Good Luck!

Sounds like you hit the nail on the head, get 1000's of people to sign up for 500.00(for cash flow) then price it high, collect interest, make money on shipping,etc.ect..quite the racket! I don't care if it sells or not. I just wanted to go faster:D.

Perfectmix 12-11-2006 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wally
Well then they should be making money on the financing side of it as well so why not tell them you'll pay their fee's only if they sell it....

That would be considered commission and I think that would put them in a dealer bracket and they would have to pay the piper.

wrinkleface 12-11-2006 06:06 PM

Yo, Joshie boy! Send me $500, I'll hold it 4 ya!!!! :p