#6 Drives

Old 12-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: #6 Drives

Originally Posted by cougarman
Reed Jensen,

Forgive me for caring !

I realize are justice system isn't perfect and plenty of people get screwed reguardless of paperwork. Just seems like there has to be a better way to accurately document agreed
terms between the two partys with a final value $$$ regonizable by law.

Cougarman
I'm not saying you should forget about having a contract. Every business transaction should have a paper trail. I'm just saying... in business there are the people that aren't going to pay.... and all you can do is bend over and breath easy while you get the shaft. Sometimes it's just easier to forget about the debt after exhausting all normal avenues of collection. You can incorporate penalty terms into the contract, but after chasing good money after lost money, you may not recover the damages. You just have to weigh the circumstances. I once proceded with a forclosure action on a home where the owner didn't pay for the work. I spent 11,000 dollars in legal fees to get paid 5,800. The owner was in foreclosure and bankruptcy by the time I dragged his lame a$$ into court. Yeah.... I won.... I got the 5,800 that had to be escrowed to get the final financing... but I never collected the 11,000 in fees. Good deal, wouldn't you say?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Tyson,

I'm with Cougar, documentation has got to help.

How many "Boaters/Friends" are you having problems with?

I feel your pain!! It's always "Bear with me, I'll get you paid"

Katz
Old 12-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bobkatz
Tyson,

I'm with Cougar, documentation has got to help.

How many "Boaters/Friends" are you having problems with?

I feel your pain!! It's always "Bear with me, I'll get you paid"

Katz
alot
Old 12-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
actually instead of welding on the skegs on yours, you could just buy this set that is already done. I will sell you the lowers for $1500.00 each. I forgot that the guy that owns them told me that if I could sell them I could keep what he owes me and give him the rest. he told me he thought they would sell for $4,000 . and he owes me $3500 so that means he only needs $500 for them. and that being the case. I will sell them for $1500 each and still give him his $500 and I will just take the loss on the money he owed me, but still recoup some of my cost of having them done.

Tyson
417-437-0665

Tyson,

You have a pm.

Gerry
Old 12-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Registered

I have had some people email me about these drives, here is what happened with these drives, while I am having problems with people on here I might as well put this problem out here too, this will take awhile.

well I just wrote for over an hour but I just deleted it because it will have way to deep of implications for alot of high up people on here, and I do not need to cause that big of a problem over these drives yet. the short of it is, they were broke, me and Brad fixed them, they were put back on the boat and used during a race, they did not break, they were taken off, I was not paid for fixing them. I drove to the guys office in New Jersey to get my money, thinking that if I showed up at his office in New Jersey and me being from Missouri he might get the hint that I was serious about wanting my money, He did not have the money to pay me so I told him that if I am going to be financing a race boat I would atleast want stickers with my company name on it. so he tells me to get with Shane Sherman to put my stickers on the boat ( yeah, that would work when I am already sueing him). or that he thinks the lowers are worth $4000 for the pair and if he could sell them he would pay me the money he owed me or if I could sell them I could keep the money I am owed and give him the rest. well I was owed $3000 for fixing the drives and $480 for next day fed ex so he could make the race. which he gave me his fed ex number but it did not work so I had to pay. So him knowing that I am owed $3480 and him saying he thinks they will sell for $4000 that means he will accept $520. I would like to recoupe some of my costs and I have in them and I have a few offers on them, So I guess we will see how good his word is, I will call him tomorrow and tell him I will wire transfer the money into his account tomorrow or send him a cashiers check next day and after he verifies funds I will have someone go by and pick up the drives. I will give an update after I call him tomorrow.

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 12-13-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....what a bunch of thieves
Old 12-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tyson....where did you meet all these people....from the board like me????
Old 12-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Registered

some of them.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought there was an issue with those weld ons...didn't the Motley Crue cat boat loose one.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It amazes me at times how some people have a cavalier attitude about paying for stuff. I sold a mercruiser plug to an OSO member. He asked me how much I wanted for the plug. Well... new they are about $50 bucks. The plug end I had was cut off a long pigtail. The plug was short, but it still had a foot of wire to connect to the wiring harness,and that was all he needed... just the plug end. I tell him to send me $5.00 to cover the postage and he could have the plug. The plug was new... never used. I couldn't even get the lousy five bucks from the guy.

Quick Reply: #6 Drives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.