Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   #6 Drives (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/146983-6-drives.html)

BigSilverCat 12-13-2006 11:50 PM

Re: #6 Drives

the ones we welded on will not come off

Pro1 12-14-2006 08:19 AM

Do u have a problem with the owner of the 38 Skater?

BigSilverCat 12-14-2006 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Pro1
Do u have a problem with the owner of the 38 Skater?

Would you? I worked on that skeg from 9 in the morning till 2-4 the next morning three days in a row and then saturday morning it was not close and I told the owner of the skater that I was not sure that I would be able to get it done in time and he pleaded with me to get it done because he could not get any other lowers for the race and that he had already paid for the rooms down there and that he would lose out on precious points. the problem was that the next day at 8 am I was going to have to drive to new york city to do a home theater job, so I kept grinding on the skeg all day saturday when I could have been at the lake and saturday night and sunday morning at 7 am I had to leave to take a shower and then drive 20 hours. so when I left brad and Travis had not left yet either so they kept working on the skegs for the next day. then they were sent off. after all that I did not get paid a dime, I have over $1200 invested in the aluminum, cnc work and sanding and grinding disks then another $480 to next day ship the drive so he can make his precious race.

then after all that and calling the owner of the 38' skater asking to get at least the money that I am out, and him not paying I show up in his office and I am talking to him about it and tell him that I worked on it all night long and did not go to sleep and he told me that I didn't work on it all night that people tell him that they work on stuff all night but they really dont. and I said that really did work on it all night and he said that I didn't. now I am pissed off about this, because I worked my ass off on that thing to get it done for him. there are several people on here that he can ask if they think I worked all night on it and they will say there is not a doubt in there mind that I did. now I am getting more mad the more I type.

I dont know if that was a trick question on the owner part, but I have a problem with people lying to me. and he did.

I am going to call him today and demand my money or the drives and then we will see if I have a problem with the owner.

Tyson Garvin
417-437-0665

any lawyers on here? can I put a lien on the boat for this.

berns29scarab 12-14-2006 12:15 PM

you can place a mechanics lein on the boat if he doesnt pay you or give you the drives. i would tell him to either put up the $$$ or the parts that were repaired so you can sell them and recoup your $$. what is his reasoning for not paying you for services rendered. i wouldnt have sent them to him til i had rec'd pymt from him via either a wire transfer or a certified check...sorry about what your going thru...some people are just that way.

BigSilverCat 12-14-2006 02:31 PM

he is not paying because the racing orginazation changed there rules a couple weeks after I did them and now he cannot use them for racing. but that is not my problem. I dont care if the racing orginazation said all boats from today on out have to be paddle boats, he had broke drives that he could not use, I fixed them he ran a race with them and they did not break (like the merc ones did) so I should still get paid for the work I did.

these drives are a bad subject around here because of all the work we did on them and then did not get paid, so we do not bring them up much but because of this thread they have been brought back up and I was talking to Brad about them and he told me that the owner called him several times saying he would be well compensated for them if we got them done in time to go to the race. Now he is mad about this too.

berns29scarab 12-14-2006 02:47 PM

im sorry to hear about this...nothing worse then gettin screwed. im assuming the owners initials are RC. know him a lil and ever woulda guessed he's the type. your a better man than i am, i wouldnt have released a damn thing until it was paid for...THE END unless i had a past relationship with the individual and knew he was good for it. i hope you get what ya deserve...just sucks to come down to this.

Sarge1 12-14-2006 11:53 PM

I have been following OSO for a few months now from the wonderful country of Afghanistan. (no, I am not here by choice) I don't own a boat, don't even really know how to drive one, but the sport of racing interest me. So I am not a professional of water sports by any means, but I enjoy racing in general. Anyway, it sure sounds like a whole lot of whinning going on. You all are passing judgement on one individual and you are only hearing one side of the story. I have PVT's in my Platoon that don't whine half as much as all of you are and they are working 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year making sh!t for money. Oh by the way, they get rocketed, mortared, IED and small arms fire from some rag head f%$k every other day. The original question that started this thread... 'where can I get weld on skegs for #6 drives?' anyone remember that... sounds like you took a question that was asked 4 months ago and four people replied to it. Then you turn around and used it to bash someone your pissed at. If the man owes you the money, I am sure you will get it. But don't act like a Godd&%m five year old and play the 'he said she said game'. It is between you and the individual you did the work for. Not you, him and the rest of OSO. You even stated that he said if you could, sell them. So quit F!@king whinning and go ahead and sell them and get you money that way. The damn thread was starting by someone looking for skegs. Back in Aug... that was when the original question was asked. It is now December. Nice, real nice.

I know, who is this prick who doesn't know crap about boats, doesn't own one and couldn't affort to buy an empty, used fiberglass hull...

Sarge

Reed Jensen 12-15-2006 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Sarge1
I know, who is this prick who doesn't know crap about boats, doesn't own one and couldn't affort to buy an empty, used fiberglass hull...

Sarge

Don't fault the man griping about not being paid until you've had it happen to you. He isn't just out his work... he is out the money to freight the parts overnight. If some towel-head shoots at you.... YOU AT LEAST GET TO SHOOT BACK. No such luck in business.

berns29scarab 12-15-2006 12:07 AM

I have been following OSO for a few months now from the wonderful country of Afghanistan. (no, I am not here by choice) I don't own a boat, don't even really know how to drive one, but the sport of racing interest me. So I am not a professional of water sports by any means, but I enjoy racing in general. Anyway, it sure sounds like a whole lot of whinning going on. You all are passing judgement on one individual and you are only hearing one side of the story. I have PVT's in my Platoon that don't whine half as much as all of you are and they are working 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year making sh!t for money. Oh by the way, they get rocketed, mortared, IED and small arms fire from some rag head f%$k every other day. The original question that started this thread... 'where can I get weld on skegs for #6 drives?' anyone remember that... sounds like you took a question that was asked 4 months ago and four people replied to it. Then you turn around and used it to bash someone your pissed at. If the man owes you the money, I am sure you will get it. But don't act like a Godd&%m five year old and play the 'he said she said game'. It is between you and the individual you did the work for. Not you, him and the rest of OSO. You even stated that he said if you could, sell them. So quit F!@king whinning and go ahead and sell them and get you money that way. The damn thread was starting by someone looking for skegs. Back in Aug... that was when the original question was asked. It is now December. Nice, real nice.

Sarge

We appreciate what you are doing BUT YOU ARE THERE BY CHOICE...YOU ENLISTED

BigSilverCat 12-15-2006 10:30 AM

Sarge

key word, you said you lazy asses only work 14 hours a day, come over here and work with us for 20 hours a day and every couple days 24 hours then after you have done that for several weeks, instead of us paying you for all your hard work, I want you to sell your car and your wifes wedding ring and give me the money. then lets see if you think I am in the wrong.