Ford Roush Vehicles STAY AWAY !! >

Ford Roush Vehicles STAY AWAY !!

Notices

Ford Roush Vehicles STAY AWAY !!

Old 12-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ford Roush Vehicles STAY AWAY !!

I am not sure of this but hasnt ther been legislation as to how much of the warrnty has been voided
Old 12-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

anyone that would knowingly pay $53,000 for a vehicle that will have NO WARRANTY next month if they decide to sell it needs to have there head examined. but yet on Roush's website it says there products are warrantied for 3yrs or 36k miles...NOWHERE DOES IT STATE ONLY ORIGINAL OWNER, so just to find out myself i went to a local Ford dealer who is also a Roush dealer and asked him about an over priced Mustang they had for sale...new 07. salesman stated full factory warranty and if thats the case then it will stay with vehicle for full term right ? NOT !! Typical frauds
Old 12-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

as per Ford Service Mgr...his words.."if you add so much as a cold air intake the manufacturer has the right to void your warranty...i just laughed
Old 12-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by klaw
wow lets bash Ford because they teamed up with one of the best Ford tuners in the world who will actually warranty the product. Its a tragedy that this happened but when he originally bought the vehicle the warranty is explained and he still bought it.
atleast if you buy a GM SLP product Firehawk etc...factory warranty is intact. nowhere in any of the paperwork from Ford or Roush does it state anything about warranty only good for original owner...whatever. they dont have to worry about me either buying one or giving them good press thats for sure
Old 12-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean H
they make that known when you buy the vehicle, no real secret, its a bad deal in this situation, but you are still buying a hopped up vehicle... even when the orginal owner has it, roush has to approve everything under warranty (and it usually has to be at a roush service center)....
No real secret? This is a cut & paste from the FAQ on Roush's site: (They do, however state that Roush has to approve the warranty claims, as you said.)

Do ROUSH Performance vehicles carry a warranty?

Yes ROUSH Performance vehicles carry the same 3 year/36,000 mile warranty as the Factory (Except on 99'-02' chrome 18-Inch Mustang wheels that carry a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty).

I don't see where that says "For the original owner ONLY." And forgive me if I can imagine a car dealer not CLEARLY explaining this little fact to a potential buyer.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Registered

Bingo !!!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I certainly don't agree with the non-transferable warranty thing, but if it's clearly stated in the paperwork, buyer beware.

It's your buyer's agreement and warranty card that govern, not the website. Websites are for marketing.

I'm sorry for your circumstance, but it is what it is.
Unless you were deliberately deceived or lied to, you may have little recourse.

Last edited by CigDaze; 12-14-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmn

Do ROUSH Performance vehicles carry a warranty?

Yes ROUSH Performance vehicles carry the same 3 year/36,000 mile warranty as the Factory (Except on 99'-02' chrome 18-Inch Mustang wheels that carry a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty).

I don't see where that says "For the original owner ONLY." And forgive me if I can imagine a car dealer not CLEARLY explaining this little fact to a potential buyer.
I would think that if the "Roush" warranty covers "the same 3yr/36K mile warranty as the factory", then the vehicle should be covered. The factory warranty covers the car for the warranty peroid, even if it's not the original owner.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
atleast if you buy a GM SLP product Firehawk etc...factory warranty is intact. nowhere in any of the paperwork from Ford or Roush does it state anything about warranty only good for original owner...whatever. they dont have to worry about me either buying one or giving them good press thats for sure
if no where does it state that its is not transferable it appears that you have a good case to demand that the warranty remain in effect. If you feel that stongly about it call you states attorney general and file a complaint.
It seems your hatered of Ford is way deeper then this issue.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by klaw
It seems your hatered of Ford is way deeper then this issue.
Mine certainly is. This Roush warranty has nothing to do with me....I'm just pissed at Ford, and I'm having a slow day at work.

Quick Reply: Ford Roush Vehicles STAY AWAY !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.