Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ford Roush Vehicles STAY AWAY !! >

Ford Roush Vehicles STAY AWAY !!

Notices

Ford Roush Vehicles STAY AWAY !!

Old 12-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Ford Roush Vehicles STAY AWAY !!

Originally Posted by Wobble
You should consider contacting Roush directly, given the situation and the bereaved widow they may (for PR's sake) make an exception. I'm sure they would hate to have people trashing their name on the net over this.
theres nothing wrong with this truck right now and i already spoke with Roush directly...NO GO! My concern was trying to assist the widow, purchase the truck from her and resell WITHOUT A VALID WARRANTY.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several things guys...

First off Roush is one of the better tuners of Fords for sure. Work with them last year on the (dodge) Viper Competition Coupe project and they have some great people on staff.

Second, the direct number for the warranty guy is given. Who originally posted needs to call him first. Then post away based on facts.

Lastly, add-ons do NOT void warranties that are already in place! I'm sure there's guys who know more about this than I do but from what i've gathered the law states that the burden of proof is on the manufacturers to prove that the specific add-on item is a direct cause of the failure. Again, that is the way I understand it and it has worked for me twice now. If someone know the details on this law please share.

Oh yah and just for the record......

MOPARS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 945 Likes on 474 Posts

The law about aftermarket items is the Moss-Magnasun warranty act of 1975.....and heres a little section i copied from it:

The Act prohibits anyone who offers a written warranty from disclaiming or modifying implied warranties. This means that no matter how broad or narrow your written warranty is, your customers always will receive the basic protection of the implied warranty of merchantability.

------------------------

and heres another cut and paste from a speed shop web page:

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!