Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147129-fountain-new-kilo-record-miami-show.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-16-2006 11:43 AM

Re: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I hate Fountain.Outerlimits is the best :evilb: :evilb: :rolleyes:Sharkey???????????????????

Well, I don't hate Fountains, but I do think the best quality boat out there is the Outerlimits.

The other thing with the racing or records, if you stack the class or classes up with all Fountain boats, then what did you really beat ? One Fountain beating another Fountain isn't all that much of a great accomplishment now is it?

Also, If you are the only boat in a class, is it really worthy of a title? Probably not, but it is another trophy for the room and and another line to throw in the advertising. Afterall, the general public will never know how they got the title in the 1st place...

Now can someone answer my original question?

When and where will this new KILO Run be held ?
My call to the Fountain Plant only gets me forwarded to their sales dept.

marylandmark 12-16-2006 02:01 PM

Now that we are back on track for the kilo run- just want to say it makes sense that the thrust on stepped hulls is use to go forward and not on bow lift.. :drink:

100-Plus 12-16-2006 02:18 PM

Sharkey,

Just stay on hold long enough when you call and you'll find out that Fountains are the safest, fastest, best-handling boats in the world, and you'll no longer care about the kilo run. You'll be too numb.

Like Fountains. Hate the hold blather. Yes, you can call it marketing. You can also call it overkill. But I'm off topic.

I agree with you, Sharkey, that winning a title in a one-boat class is worthless. I'd be embarrassed to accept that kind of trophy. But beating a lot of the same manufacturer's boats in the same class is, to me, worth something if the boats are evenly matched in terms of specs. If you can bring it down to driver talent, then beating three guys next to you in the same Bayliner 185 with the same 180-hp engine and aluminum prop is worth something.

So I have no problem with Fountains racing against Fountains.

I've found this discussion really interesting. Ron P. brought things down to the essentials. T2X and Fanatic don't ... um ... agree, but at least the conversation is intelligent and (mostly) free of nastiness. FeverMike has been consistent and straightforward, especially when it comes to saying where his expertise ends. That quality is in short supply these days.

Thanks all, at least from my end. And good to luck anyone who wants to run those big speeds, especially in a V-bottom. I still refer back to Phil Lipschutz in PB, who makes his living selling V-BOTTOMS:

"If you want to go real fast, buy a cat."

God's speed, gentlemen.

SLOWOUTBOARD 12-16-2006 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Well, I don't hate Fountains, but I do think the best quality boat out there is the Outerlimits.

The other thing with the racing or records, if you stack the class or classes up with all Fountain boats, then what did you really beat ? One Fountain beating another Fountain isn't all that much of a great accomplishment now is it?

Also, If you are the only boat in a class, is it really worthy of a title? Probably not, but it is another trophy for the room and and another line to throw in the advertising. Afterall, the general public will never know how they got the title in the 1st place...

Now can someone answer my original question?

When and where will this new KILO Run be held ?
My call to the Fountain Plant only gets me forwarded to their sales dept.

ITS SUPPOSED TO BE RUN AT THE FACTORY

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-16-2006 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
Sharkey,
I agree with you, Sharkey, that winning a title in a one-boat class is worthless. I'd be embarrassed to accept that kind of trophy. But beating a lot of the same manufacturer's boats in the same class is, to me, worth something (if) the boats are evenly matched in terms of specs. If you can bring it down to driver talent, then beating three guys next to you in the same Bayliner 185 with the same 180-hp engine and aluminum prop is worth something.

The key word there Mike is "IF" .

Still I wonder how a stock 525 boat sounds like this and pulls such a lead in the matter of a few laps over a 25 year veteran competitor in a hull built by the same manufacturer... :confused:

Click here for the Video Clip

You see Mike, I have no problem with the same boats running each other, I just don't see where the bragging rights come into effect that a Fountain won against another Fountain.

At least now more manufacturers are coming out on the course and as you can see it will no longer be an easy ride.... :evilb:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-16-2006 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
ITS SUPPOSED TO BE RUN AT THE FACTORY

Oh damn! And I was hoping for Great South Bay..... :( :( :( :D

100-Plus 12-16-2006 05:00 PM

Sharkey,

I appreciate your response. I'm with you on the "if." I know what you're saying.

But I'm not "Mike." Cheers.

bojoe2 12-16-2006 05:02 PM

tim are you going to go there. did you think reggie will let other friends come and play (hell no) cig, ol, etc. its the reggie show once again. :evilb:

Downtown42 12-16-2006 05:45 PM

It always is Reggies show :evilb: He eats more breakfast than Skippy :eek: then jumps in and goes 180+ :drink:

US1 Fountain 12-16-2006 06:28 PM

Cig and OL are free to make an attempt for the record on their own time and own dime if they want. :cool:

It's REALLY a simple concept. 1 man, 1 machine. Either he does it, or he doesn't.

If he does succeed, then the other guys know what they need to do to better it.