Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147129-fountain-new-kilo-record-miami-show.html)

Downtown42 12-17-2006 03:38 PM

Re: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Originally Posted by Catmando
Skater SuperV won its share of races in SBI too. Fountain can't win 'em all even in SBI.

I thought Fountain cheats at all their races, how can this be? :evilb: :drink:

T2x 12-17-2006 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fanatic
Nice try. You couldn't offer any proof or fact showing your made up claim that 3000 hp 15 years ago was now 2150 hp.

I 'll believe my facts ...you believe yours....

You will anyway.

I also believe in the existance of the piss clam.

Reggie is running a HUGE amount of HP against as little weight as possible to set a record that means little in terms of comparing his product to anyone else's..... If he wants to prove the product...run side by side comparisons with 525's, 1075's or some other constant source of comparative HP.

Drag boats go over 240 mph from a standing start....... in 1/4 mile.... That's a lot more impressive driving feat than running a 42' monster at 170-180 or wherever with enough power to spare to lock the hull down against the water.....While it still takes guts...let's put this whole nonsense into perspective.

1. They've done NOTHING yet

2. If they do we''ll be relieved that no one is hurt

3. If they don't this thread was a complete waste of space.

4. If , God Forbid, a tragedy occurs.... many of you will be quite disappointed on the following Sunday.

T2x

Dredgeking 12-17-2006 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
Reggie is running a HUGE amount of HP against as little weight as possible to set a record that means little in terms of comparing his product to anyone else's..... If he wants to prove the product...run side by side comparisons with 525's, 1075's or some other constant source of comparative HP.

T2x

T2x, If you want stock power comparisons, save your issues of Powerboat Mag. Let Reggie or anyone else with the balls to run for the brass ring. Get your old posse together and go for it. If your not so inclined, then sit back and watch what happens. I'd rather watch people attempt improvement than sit idle like Cig.

100-Plus 12-17-2006 08:14 PM

Dredgeking,

Your passion for this subject is awesome, but I think Cigarette has hardly "sat idle." Since Skip Braver took over, the company has added new models and updated styling. And built a new factory.

In short, Cigarette has pursued its marketing strategy, which doesn't use "top speed" per se as its cornerstone. (Actually, when I look at the of this page, I think sex is Cigarette's marketing cornerstone.) No one at Cigarette claims the boats are the "fastest." They do claim they ride well in rough water and are built to the highest level of quality. Not too many people I know would take issue with those claims.

At Fountain, on the other hand, speed is an integral part of the marketing campaign, hence the endless pursuit of kilo run and heavy involvement in offshore racing. Power to them, no judgement. They just have a different approach than Cigarette.

No builder is obligated to take part in this stuff, so calling them out, if you will, is just silly. Why not rag on Sunsation and Active Thunder and Baja and Donzi?

I don't know the people at Cigarette personally, but I'd have to guess that they don't see kilos and offshore racing as a boon to sales of their boats. Their foray into the speed record attempt ... that I can't explain. It was kind of off-the-card for them. But then again, so is a fishing boat.

FeverMike 12-17-2006 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
If he wants to prove the product...run side by side comparisons with 525's, 1075's or some other constant source of comparative HP.

They do, it's call Super V in SBI/APBA and OSS in case you've not heard.

fountainracing42 12-17-2006 09:39 PM

Reggie has 9 lives!!!! CAT KILLER RULES

Byrdman 12-17-2006 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
I 'll believe my facts ...you believe yours....

You will anyway.

I also believe in the existance of the piss clam.

Drag boats go over 240 mph from a standing start....... in 1/4 mile.... That's a lot more impressive driving feat than running a 42' monster at 170-180 or wherever with enough power to spare to lock the hull down against the water.....While it still takes guts...let's put this whole nonsense into perspective.

1. They've done NOTHING yet

2. If they do we''ll be relieved that no one is hurt

3. If they don't this thread was a complete waste of space.

4. If , God Forbid, a tragedy occurs.... many of you will be quite disappointed on the following Sunday.

T2x

Your miserable....and you talk alot of smack....your stuck back in the day...what else...yea...you know alot...but jeeeeeze....I guess you know what it takes to stay straight and dial the fountain....and you know about the drag boat too....pleeeeeze....all your Reggie haten lately...you sound like sharkey....pleeeeze....reggie is doing it to say he is the fastest..and stick his boat out front again possibly....the dude has style...like elvis....you remember him???...surely you must...your more negative than me :eek:

the duke 12-17-2006 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
Reggie is running a HUGE amount of HP against as little weight as possible to set a record that means little in terms of comparing his product to anyone else's

If the record means so little why have so many builders tried for it, and/or held it? The list of trys and had its is pretty long.

Dredgeking 12-18-2006 07:34 AM

At100,

I mention Cig since they hold on to their racing heritage to sell boats. Their racing heritage is history. Not really current. I did have some hope for them a few years ago, but oh well.

Anyone who cares about speed should watch " The World's Fastest Indian" about Burt Monroe and then watch the 1971 documentary on the DVD with the actual Burt. Burt broke his own personal world speed record on a few occasions and everyone cheered for him. Why? Because of the spirit of competition.

If you want 525's and "factory" hull comparisons, then look at the kilo runs for F2. This isn't that and shouldn't even be discussed in the same thread. Explain to me what 525's have to do with World's fastest V bottom? Nothing. It doesn't matter. This is Reggie's goal. Others have tried. It doesn't matter if you want the world's fastest paper airplane. Have a goal and follow through. Reggie seems to be trying. I wish I saw more competition from the other manufacturers, but maybe they're making paper airplanes right now.

I think any manufacturer that doesn't continuously improve upon their product is awful. No, they don't have to compete against Reggie, but it would be nice to have some competition for the old guy. Why? Because competition brings out the best in us and the speeds will get even faster if Reggie is going against someone other than himself. I don't expect eveyone to step up to the plate. That may not be every one's goal. But people on shouldn't call BS on Reggie for trying to break his own record. Hell, rag on his hair and jewelry. Those are actual faults the man has.

You guys sound like communists. "Everyone will go the same speed." Everyone has the World's fastest V Bottom.

Let the old guy run.

T2x, I like what you add to this place. You offer some great discussion, but Reggie isn't happy being obsolete. Let the old dog take another run around the track. You and posse can sit back and watch your hydro drags and talk about the good ole days. Are you jealous that Reggie has the balls and resources and that's why you downplay his goal? If not, then why do you care? How many people have died trying to accomplish their goals? Too many in the history books. If Reggie ends up as one of them, so be it. That's part of the game. He knows the risk unless the he is too doped up on heart meds to know what day it is.

Why do I care about all this?
1) You guys get off topic about 525's and I hate how far off you guys get sometimes. Frustrating to read a thread about World Speed Records and have to listen to whining about 525's. **** 525's.

2) I do believe that Reggie or anyone else should go for the record. I am jealous it's not me.

3) Shut the **** up about 525's. That has nothing to do with World's fastest V bottom.

100-Plus 12-18-2006 07:50 AM

Dredge,

I like kilos, too. No issue with them at all. If I implied that in my post, I wasn't clear. You said it well. I'll go to magazines for 525 comparisons.

Byrdman, wow, take a breath. T2X just disagrees with you.