Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Baja Vs. Scarab Vs. Vindicator >

Baja Vs. Scarab Vs. Vindicator

Notices

Baja Vs. Scarab Vs. Vindicator

Old 01-23-2002, 01:49 AM
RUNNINHORN

Post Baja Vs. Scarab Vs. Vindicator

Thanks all, first off for all your opinions and comments on the previous post. I havent quite narrowed it down to just these, but can someone explain the quality, ride, and performance difference between these three aforementioned boats?
thanks

ps- just looking for your two cents

Old 01-23-2002, 02:04 AM
NICKSLICK

SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR

Old 01-23-2002, 02:05 AM
NICKSLICK

Seriously, get the Scarab...

Everybody here knows there the best whether they admit it or not.

Reliability
Speed
Resale Value
Longevity

Cant beatem...

Old 01-23-2002, 02:06 AM
NICKSLICK

Oh yea... My bike is faster than yours!!!

BUUUUUUUUUUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: NICKSLICK ]

Old 01-23-2002, 02:08 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts
Go with the Baja or the Scarab. The VIP isn't in the same league. The ride, prformance and quality of both will be similar and both are built as "performance" boats. My best sugestion would be to go test and crawl around in a lot of boats before you buy and find out exactly what you like. There are also a LOT of other choices. I would add Powerquest and Sunsation to your list to check out at the minimum.
Old 01-23-2002, 02:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I was going to choose between those 2 I would go with Baja. The Scabs just dont do anything for me. I'm not saying they are bad boats or anything, I just don't care for how they look (their lines and interior) Both put some chitty colors on and in their boats through the 90's so if you are looking for a used boat, good luck
Thats my .02
Old 01-23-2002, 03:40 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i like the scarabs color better than the baja colors, but he is righ both offered pretty whack colors in the 90s. A nice older scarb can be had for a pretty decent price. If you do soem updating to the older scarab they look pretty sweet. Bajas are a dime a dozen. Scarabs have some history (not like cigs or magnums but they have some)

I do indeed have a scarab, so i am a little biased, but compared to allthe older bajas i've seen the scarab look better. Bajas always looked liek they were bread from express cruiser. No offense to the baja boys they just seem less streamlined.
Old 01-23-2002, 08:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I say go with the Scarab.

I have owned both of them!!

Know from experience. I admit the Baja has come a long way the last few years, but you can't beat the resale or the ride!

Just my .02 cents!!!
Old 01-23-2002, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Their both nice boats, both have ups and downs,I am assuming you are looking at 26'-28' if so you will need more than a 502 mag to get you to 70's like you said you wanted earlier. WILL
Old 01-23-2002, 08:20 AM
RUNNINHORN

SO tell me how a Donzi and a Powerquest compare to a Baja and Scarab? Which boats between these 4, which models i mean, have the faster hull? Do any of these handle better over the other in rough water?

Quick Reply: Baja Vs. Scarab Vs. Vindicator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.