Notices

Croatia

Old 12-18-2006, 04:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Croatia

Croatia is nice and not expensive. The gasprices are less than 4$ pr. gallon. The coastline is long and there are some 1.100 islands lining the coastline it is a boaters paradise! All summer is nice but you want to go in July/August where the ocean is nice and warm. Season is May-September.
If you go to the south to Dubrovnik be sure to go to Monte***** and see the bay of Kotor. I just moved there with my family and it is absolutly beautifull. It is still a little rough around the edges but right now things are moving really fast and it is one of the hottest places in Europe to buy property in thhttp://www.123hjemmeside.dk/nannajesperimonte*****e moment. If you decide to visit Monte***** let me know and I will tell you where to go.

You can see our website to get an idea about the area.

OSO is censoring the last letters in the name so you have to put in: n e g r o instead of the stars.

http://www.123hjemmeside.dk/nannajesperimonte*****

Click on Monte***** to see pictures

Cigaretteman

Last edited by Cigaretteman; 12-18-2006 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:07 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman
OSO is censoring the last letters in the name so you have to put in: n e g r o instead of the stars....
We are in a Political Correctness obsessed world...

Thank God for Loud Boats!
Old 12-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
We are in a Political Correctness obsessed world...

Thank God for Loud Boats!
Amen!
Old 12-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Believe it or not there's a Nor-Tech 43 V running around w/ 850's and they just took delivery of a 50 cat. I have a dealer in Austria that keeps their boats in Croatia. I'm going to try and get over there this summer.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts

Here is a photo of me piloting a really high powered hot boat off the coast of Dubrovnik.

This was a rental boat and it took me 20 minutes to assure the guy that I could handle it. We went diving later this day and the clarity of the water is about the same as the Bahamas.

Just talking about this area makes me want to go back again.

My wife started a Humanitarian Aid agency to help the babies born from the rape camps. We collected goods over here, transported them and traveled over there during the war delivering aid and medical supplies. During the war we went there 15 times.

The restaurants in Mostar and Sarajevo knew how we liked our eggs. The people are the greatest.
Attached Thumbnails Croatia-bbc0001-small-.jpg  
Old 12-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replys. Are we going to have to know the language or are there enough people that speak english? Are there people that you can hire as guides and drivers? I think the other thing that bothers me is, security. When my wife and I travel im usually up at 4or 5 in the morning and Ill venture off somewhere to get a soda pop. I try to stay out of the room till she gets up What is the comparitive size of croatia to a state in the U.S.? What is the exchange rate on money and would it be better to exchange in croatia or the U.S.? Are there smoking nazi's over there? As crazy as it sounds, do they have a dress code of sorts or are they just gonna know we're foreigners. Brian
Old 12-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Mom spends the summers there to get out of Houston heat. hey gave up their apartment just this year, after 5-7 years hanging on to it. The US dollar isn't make it worthwhile to hang on to it as the landlord really had to start bumping rent up. They'll rent a place for the summer in the future.

He was born and grew up there until he hiked towards Italy at 15 yr's and made his way to the US. He still has family and some friends and my Mom just loves it. I've seen more pics than I can imagine that they've taken.

His home town and where they stay (he still has some property there) is in Zagreb. I recently went through and cleaned out my in-box and and deleted about 4mil Gb of pictures they had sent and only found one they took in October just before they came back to the states. In other pics you can see a Club Med sail ship just below them. It's pretty bizare. Lots of awesome European yachts too. He just sold his center console this year after getting tired of the high gas prices and dealing with pulling it in and out every year because it was not registered there so he couldn't keep a perm slip and when you try to register anything there, they look at you and estimate how much they think they can get out of you and you pay it.

As for tourists in summer, they say it's unbelievable how many people converge on the coast.
Attached Thumbnails Croatia-picture-croatia-2006-006.jpg  
Old 12-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by scarrab30
Are there smoking nazi's over there?
LOL, they sit around at coffee houses bi tching about how bad things are smoking like chimneys. And Frank had a tough time because, although he still speaks the language fluently, and has a strong accent so he can fit in, they don't want to hear anything about how great the US is. They want to talk about how bad things are there, like the 20-30% unemployment.

Oh, medical care is awesome and cheap. Frank waited last year until he got over there to have gal bladder surgery. Same procedure as he would have had here, but he paid about $400 total an had great care.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Registered

SeaRay, I don't blame your mom for getting out of the Houston heat. Part of my growing up was in spring branch. I went to spring branch hs. for my freshman year. An old friend of mine is a dentist in Garland Tex. I've gotten used to nice summer in the chicago area, and doubt ill ever go back. I dont imagine we will go to croatia till about july or august and would like to see the things that are must see's. I only want to go for a week but if the wife wants to stay longer than we can do that. As long as i'm home for the shootout i'm happy. Thanks Jim Brian