Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I pulled a fast on on e-bay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147167-i-pulled-fast-e-bay.html)

Reed Jensen 12-14-2006 05:41 PM

Re: I pulled a fast on on e-bay

I learned to sneak attack on e-bay. If you know how to do it.... you can drop a bid in about 4 seconds before the end consistantly. I always make my bid at the very end. I recently purchased a 12" 6 jaw pratt burnerd chuck on e-bay. New it was 3 grand. I got it for 125.00.... tee hee.... I was prepared to go to 600 for it... but the other bidders were snoozing thinking they were going to get it for 50 or 60 bucks. I knew what it was worth and waited until 4 seconds before the end and nailed it.... The best part is some other guy bid about 20 seconds before the end and was told he was "the high bidder".... along with " check back to see your status"... That was when he found out he had lost the auction and it was too late to put in another bid...... :D

MacGyver 12-14-2006 06:21 PM

I use Auction Sentry software running on my PC. I have it set to snipe with 7 seconds to go on the auction. I win many auctions and I don't need to be home. I do need to leave the puter running, but I don't have to pay a "sniping service" to bid for me. Works great.

Superboat Guy 12-14-2006 06:41 PM

I recently purchased a 12" 6 jaw pratt burnerd chuck on e-bay. New it was 3 grand
Have a machine shop? I just happen to repair buy and sell machine tools, tooling and parts. I am in CT and do alot of business with a dealer in NJ. Mostly I deal with power presses and fab equipment.

Reed Jensen 12-14-2006 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Superboat Guy
Have a machine shop? I just happen to repair buy and sell machine tools, tooling and parts. I am in CT and do alot of business with a dealer in NJ. Mostly I deal with power presses and fab equipment.

I have a few machines just to fab my own stuff. I don't take on machine shop jobs.

jtmiller02 12-14-2006 09:25 PM

hell yeah, the auction sniper is the bomb shizzle, always fun sniping unsuspecting suckers

powrbtr 12-15-2006 12:27 PM

You know David you always were the sneaky one. Hope you are well and have a great holiday. B.

TEAMBAJA 12-15-2006 01:50 PM

I wonder who who win if 2 guys were using the same sniper program and put the same amount of $$$ in.

DJD 12-15-2006 02:44 PM

Thanks B!
All the best to you & your family!

Tony Montana 12-15-2006 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I wonder who who win if 2 guys were using the same sniper program and put the same amount of $$$ in.

Which ever one puts the bid in first a tenth of a second quicker even :drink:

eyezlee 12-15-2006 04:56 PM

www.auctionsniper.com I use it all the time. Never have to be home, never have to leave your PC running. Cost is pennies.