Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   is your boat paid off or on a loan ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147296-your-boat-paid-off-loan.html)

THRILLSEEKER 12-20-2006 11:17 AM

Re: is your boat paid off or on a loan ?

Paid for. Cash is for toys, loans are for things you need.

With the exception of real estate everything I own is paid for.

Biligemouth 12-20-2006 11:58 AM

I'm with Jeff32, surprised at the lack of loans.

HotPursuit 12-20-2006 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
FREE? health care.. Im pretty sure your taxes pay for that
:drink:

Also living next to the greatest super power in the world helps.Canada saves billions on not having to have a military
power maybe you guys should pay our health care!!! :drink:
sorry off subject

MacGyver 12-22-2006 09:50 AM

Financed my first boat. Paid cash for the second boat. Gonna sell the first boat this spring. Just a blue collar guy trying to live within my limits.

merlyn1965 12-23-2006 07:17 PM

The boat is all paid for and miss Visa is back to virgin status.

jeff32 12-24-2006 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by merlyn1965
The boat is all paid for and miss Visa is back to virgin status.

Good to see someone from Halifax! Back in 1993, I was racing and we went to the Moosehead Grand Prix that was held in your city streets. Nice place to see! Maybe the fact I won the Grand Prix helped me find Halifax to be a nice place!

Really enjoyed the, place, the city and the track even if it was really bumpy!

Jupiter Sunsation 12-24-2006 01:09 PM

I have the cash to pay off boat but want the flexibility of having cash in hand. You know the old saying, "the bank only wants you to loan you money when you don't need it!"

My original loan was for about 65% of price of boat so at no point was I upside down. Besides that payment every month reminds me to get it wet more often! :D

1bagger 12-24-2006 02:46 PM

All my toys are paid for. Although each one took a lot of work to convince my wife I needed another toy.
I use the "asset realocation" line and so far it's working.
But when push comes to shove I just go ahead and buy, sometimes asking for forgiveness is easier than permission .

littledrew 12-24-2006 10:11 PM

Free and clear :drink:

articfriends 12-25-2006 01:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres another take on the is your boat paid off subject-lets say you paid 200G's for your boat BUT you owe 20,000 in unsecured credit,150,000 on your house and 30,000 on your truck,you still really owe 200,000$ because if you hadn't bought the boat you could have paid off all your other debt. If your income was substantially reduced you would sell your boat first as it is still a luxery. Now for the lucky few who owe nothing on other things your boat is truly,totally paid off. I still owe 21,000 on my boat but I write the interest off along with my mgt and home equity line of credit. Even in my case,I have pizzed away enough money in numerous upgrades I could have paid my house off by now if I didn't boat at all,but you gotta love the sound of a 950hp blower motor winging along at 5900 rpm's :D , Smitty