Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Yes ,another stereo quesion ? >

Yes ,another stereo quesion ?

Notices

Yes ,another stereo quesion ?

Old 01-24-2002, 01:36 AM
Registered

Received 3,013 Likes on 987 Posts
I've never liked fosgate, I think they are way too much hype for what you get...And over priced!! (sorry Jon)

I've seen some of the audiobahn stuff at car shows and sound offs. Their stuff is real nice and is getting really popular out here in so. cal.

I personally run in my suburban, JL subs (12) MB quart mids and highs (10) and PPI amps (2) and one big ass Xtant amp for all the subs.

I have in the boat MB Quart mids highs, And PPI subs & amps. I really like PPI's stuff and it seems they were made to go with JL Audio subs!! Oh and their stuff lasts forever! I still have a first generation PPI amp that must be around an 89 model, still kickin!

From what everyone is saying on this board Babb speakers are the way to go. I've never seen them out here!

Tank
Old 01-24-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a buddy that just redid his subs with Audiobahn. They sound, good, nice and tight. They make some really cool looking subs too.

I have an Eclipse head unit in my car and haven't had a problem with theft. I don't have an alarm system and don't want one, that's one of the reason's I went with the Eclipse. Like Andy said most thieves know their ****. I live in a pretty un-populated area. Any car audio thefts here are most likely by guys that know my head unit is junk to them. Mine is set to a cd that a thief wouldn't figure out in a thousand years.
Old 01-24-2002, 09:01 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Tank PPI definatly makes some good amps. Unfortunatly they have about disapeared off the face of the earth on the east cost. There used to be a bunch of stores that sold the stuff out this way not no one does
Old 01-24-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Now you had to go and complicate things with PPI ! THanks Tank ! NOw I have to reseach them too !

Oh well ,gives me something to do when the board is slow . Thanks guys !
Old 01-24-2002, 06:06 PM
Registered

Sorry Boot! I've just had excellent success with PPI. I've been into systems for about 14 years now and have always dug PPI. But it doesnt sound like it's going to really be an option for you if you can't get them out there like Jon said. But check them out anyway. If you need a brochure I can get one mailed to you.

Tank
Old 01-24-2002, 07:13 PM
FWK

The PPI amps are very good but they sold to a company that ran them in the ground. Directed electronics bought PPI, Orion, and ADS from this companyand will turn things around. I have their dealer packet and was approved to be a dealer again the new product line looks nice. Forrest

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: FWK ]

Old 01-24-2002, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I had an interesting conversation with a guy today that I would say is real up on electronics .( Not that you guys aren't) But he told me he thought that Rockford has gone way down hill and has become Walmart quality . Just another opinoin of coarse !

Keep it comeing now ! I am completly confused !
Old 01-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had been a PPI dealer for years. The PPI stuff you were so satisfied with from years ago was engineered by people with a completely different philosophy than what has been made by PPI in the past few years. Old PPI was excellent. The engineers left and went to work for Xtant. The new PPI was made offshore and most dealers stopped carrying the line. The company was bought by ADST who also owns Orion. PPI died. Directed should do a good job reviving the company but you will not see PPI like the old stuff again.

Directed currently makes amps that are very good. I stock and sell the entire line.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:25 PM
Registered

Forrest,

I heard the same thing happened with Fosgate a few years back. That they were bought out by a big company and their quality went down. I recall seeing a couple of the fosgate amps with the old "swap meet special"....Big housing for the amp with no guts. But again, I never did really like fosgate.

Tank
Old 01-24-2002, 08:34 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Tank when I finally make it out to Cali and we hook up do not worry when the first thing you feel is my foot hitting you in the nuts!!!!

Quick Reply: Yes ,another stereo quesion ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.