Seeing this in more classified ads lately >

Seeing this in more classified ads lately

Notices

Seeing this in more classified ads lately

Old 12-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeing this in more classified ads lately

"Owner wants it sold now!" Are people hurting that badly? Did they just get in over their head on the payments? Some say, " Owner buying a new boat. Needs this one gone." I really don't buy it, but maybe. Just looks like their is more desperation for the sellers right now. Actually it looks worse than it did after 911 and a lot of major companies laid people off.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Registered

Default Re: Seeing this in more classified ads lately

The story changes once things warm up
Old 12-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

This is simply advertising. Look at the Sunday paper auto section. What car dealers will say to sell a car is astonishing.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dredgeking
"Owner wants it sold now!" Are people hurting that badly? Did they just get in over their head on the payments? Some say, " Owner buying a new boat. Needs this one gone." I really don't buy it, but maybe. Just looks like their is more desperation for the sellers right now. Actually it looks worse than it did after 911 and a lot of major companies laid people off.
This seems like a good thread to shamelessly plug my Checkmate that's for sale. In my case, I couldn't resist the deal on my Powerplay, so I went ahead and bought it before the Checkmate sold. I had a couple "serious" offers that both fell through, and low and behold, winter is here and I have two boats. Probably the biggest reason that I'm ready to seriously consider all offers is that I hate to see a perfectly good boat sit unused and continue to depreciate. If I drop my price $10,000 right now, and move the boat great. Could I get an offer this spring for exactly what I'm asking and make $10,000? Possibly, but what if I don't and the boat sits another season without use? I'd rather cut my losses now, and move on. When you count in insurance, storage, winterization, and who knows what other damage that could happen while the boat sits unused, it isn't worth hanging onto it for a few extra bucks in my opinion. Anyone looking for a Checkmate in excellent condition at a GREAT price?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People don't want to pay storage fees, loans, insurance, etc.
I think the biggest problem is insurance and storage. A lot of communities and counties don't allow boats to be kept on property without being garaged or stored out of sight. And we all know what's happening to the insurance industry.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

I think the price of gas has a lot to do with it, at least it did for me

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ!
Old 12-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

The only person who has that in their ads are Blume
Old 12-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JROMY
This seems like a good thread to shamelessly plug my Checkmate that's for sale. In my case, I couldn't resist the deal on my Powerplay, so I went ahead and bought it before the Checkmate sold. I had a couple "serious" offers that both fell through, and low and behold, winter is here and I have two boats. Probably the biggest reason that I'm ready to seriously consider all offers is that I hate to see a perfectly good boat sit unused and continue to depreciate. If I drop my price $10,000 right now, and move the boat great. Could I get an offer this spring for exactly what I'm asking and make $10,000? Possibly, but what if I don't and the boat sits another season without use? I'd rather cut my losses now, and move on. When you count in insurance, storage, winterization, and who knows what other damage that could happen while the boat sits unused, it isn't worth hanging onto it for a few extra bucks in my opinion. Anyone looking for a Checkmate in excellent condition at a GREAT price?
Same here JROMY. Anyone want an awesome 38 Hustler also at a great price.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Seeing this in more classified ads lately

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
The only person who has that in their ads are Blume
they want them sold now.......so they can get bigger, faster, longer, and more expensive ones for the summer,, they are not playing.... they do want them sold now, but not because of insurance or storage and surely not because of gas prices!!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-13815.html

NOW...NOW...NOW......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-13817.html
Old 12-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
they want them sold now.......so they can get bigger, faster, longer, and more expensive ones for the summer,, they are not playing.... they do want them sold now, but not because of insurance or storage and surely not because of gas prices!!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-13815.html

NOW...NOW...NOW......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-13817.html
I was just busting chops It's a good way to get attention. Everytime I see one of your ads I look at it becuase they stand out. Most of your boats have agressive prices too!

Quick Reply: Seeing this in more classified ads lately

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.