Notices

moving to fla.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: moving to fla.

Destin is very laid back , speaking Spanish is not required to purchase gas , the sand and water is unbelieveable. Fishing is great and it's only 5 1/2 hrs to Atlanta. Just my preference.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Russ lets do it load up your checkmate, Ill load up the fountain and never look back. We are born hustlers and can make a $ anyware. As long as we got our health, faimly and a boat well be just fine. Ofcorse well have to get you a blower for that checkmate so you can hang with the big dogs but that can come after the house but before furniture.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Russ,

Looks like you got allot of good suggestions already, here my suggestion.

I lived in NJ (Point Pleasant, and then Forked River on Barnegat Bay) all of my life up until spring 2002. Since then I have lived in Port Charlotte, just south of Englewood and North Port, and just north of Punta Gorda, all nice places to live in. This area is about 1/2 way between Ft Myers and Sarasota. Beautiful gulf beaches, Charlotte Harbor (a huge bay), nice barrier islands, great boating, some protected from wind and surf, some wide open, great gulf access. If you want nightlife and party action, do not come here. If you want a nice community to raise your family in, to work in and to play in, this is it. Off water individual family homes, reasonable for paradise. Canal waterfront with salt water, and dock behind your house, not cheap, but not crazy. Check out local real estate sites to get a feel for house sizes and prices. Many pics of my river front place, and various local marine life, and boat trips at my racing web site. Just go to my video gallery or photo gallery.

Frank Fasulo

Office: 941-697-0200

www.ascinc.homestead.com (computer company)
www.dkorinc.homestead.com (racing company)
My cousin just moved from NJ to Port Charlotte. They bought a couple of full service car washes down that way. I may be visiting soon.

I have fished down that way numerous times. Great fishing area. I don't remember seeing many performance boats.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about the Acreage, West of West Palm Beach, home prices are dropping in the area right now, and you can get a good deal. Plenty of work in West Palm, and the water is as nice as anywhere in FL.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered

I moved here from DC 2 years ago and I am still kicking myself for not doing it a long time ago! We moved to Cape Coral and it is awesome! There are something like 430 miles of canals to park your boat on here! But, check out anywhere on the West Coast and I sure you won't be dissappointed!

Oh, and since you are car people, check out some of the dealerships down here, they will blow your mind!

Good luck
Old 01-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Registered

agree, anywhere in Fla beats cold!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We moved from Chicago to Ponte Vedra (south of Jax/north of St Augustine) back in 2001. PV is nice but expensive. Transfered to Tampa in 2004. We do not like it here as much as PV. Weather is different, people are different. Live in Land O Lakes. Schools suck compared to PV. Insurance is EXPENSIVE, taxes are reasonable.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

sarasota-venice- north port, has a little of everything without a lot of the crap that the bigger cities have. arts,entertainment,jobs, cost of living, schools,boating , the bad part is traffic and people moving here clogging up the roads ,lol
Old 01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: moving to fla.

I moved to the St Petersburg area in 1978 and love it. Great area to work and play. Homeowner insurance is high and pay low but the year around living makes up for it. Homes on a canal start about $450,000 and go up fast. Lots of work available.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
I'm going down next week to look around from Palm Coast to Merritt Island.

Jersey sux and it's only getting worst - gotta get out while ya still can.
I feel your pain...I am stuck on Long Island....Freeze all winter, can't make any noise, get sued if you look at anyone the wrong way, traffic sux, Hillary is a Senator, so is Chuck Schumer my property taxes are 24,000K a year....etc......my advice, buy a 1 way ticket to Sarasota !

Quick Reply: moving to fla.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.