Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Law Finally Caught Up With Me! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147558-law-finally-caught-up-me.html)

GLH 12-21-2006 04:28 AM

Re: The Law Finally Caught Up With Me!

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
The Law Finally Caught Up With Me!...

Should read...

The Law Finally Caught Up With Me!...While I was Idling

Besides who can trust a Canadian!!!

At least you don't speak English like a spanish cow like us French Canadians do!

Racegirl3 12-21-2006 06:01 AM

RG3 - I will tell you personally when you collect the balance of your " winnings "!!

:cool: :D

And here you thought I didn't have a " dark side " LOL :D

Now you know I know you have a dark side ..... I just promised not to tell :p :drink:

Dean Ferry 12-21-2006 06:22 AM

Bob,
You lawbreaker! Are you sure the $ave-the-Manatee wasn't watching you, and called the sherriff on you and your Manatee mauling machine? :D
Happy Holidays, :drink:
Dean

Airpacker 12-21-2006 06:37 AM

He didn't ask you about the 4 tons of coke, 28 endangered species and the 18 mexicans you had onboard Bob? Silly Sherriff:)

PS, I thought you said you had a "job". :evilb:

21ptl40 12-21-2006 06:50 AM

Bob, I had a similiar experience, I was in a 36 Concept in front of Snook Inn, was stopped and asked where I was from and where I was going. I heard later from my friend at Cedar Bay that because I am dark and Have that look the Sherriff thought he was on to something, Had I of known I would have messed with them a bit. Happy Holidays maybe I will see you out on the water.

cbeastwood 12-21-2006 07:43 AM

We should get Jay to make some "Cuba or Bust" designs for T-shirts!

UNSANE 12-21-2006 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by phragle
now when you say cubans..would that be cigars or people?? if its stoogies..make sure you send me a couple..if its people, and they do good glass work (could use a little stringer work) send them my way too!!!

Remember, if you place the box of cigars upon the beach (wet foot/dry foot), they can stay!!! :evilb:

The Menace 12-21-2006 07:49 AM

Here's a first.
He explains with the rash of Cubans now finding there way to Florida's west coast they are trying to keep track of go fasts capable of going to Cuba and back. Told him, ya, I can do that ! He laughed. :D
Month ago Homeland Security stopped me offshore of Naples. They were polite too and said, were sure glad you stopped cause we couldn't catch you ! LOL :rolleyes:
Guess we can expect more of the same in the future. :eek:
Bob

Imagine if they are out during our New Years' Day Fun Run.
They will think they struck the mother load.

By the way Bob, the choppers can catch any of us. A USCG flew along side me last year snapping a couple pics as we were cruisng at 100mph.

Brad Zastrow 12-21-2006 09:52 AM

We had a CG helicopter follow us on Lake Michigan once. We were heading south toward Cuba, but ran out of water at Michigan. We found out those choppers are lot faster than the Poker Run flyers we out run. They were waving and smiling.

Sydwayz 12-21-2006 10:07 AM

I couple years ago we were out on the Potomac River heading into DC and a large shadow came up over the top of us. I thought a big cloud had rolled overhead. We were running WFO, so the noise and wind was not evident. However, as I took a peak over my shoulder; THIS:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget...ages/dhs-3.jpg

was about 15 feet off of the sunpad. It was close enough that I could count the rivets on the front, and see the whites of the crew's eyes. They were egging my girlfriend at the time to give them a flash. It was quite the moment.