Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Florida Powerboat Club Videos On Youtube (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147615-florida-powerboat-club-videos-youtube.html)

Jassman 12-22-2006 08:12 AM

Re: Florida Powerboat Club Videos On Youtube

Originally Posted by mboger
nice video but where are all the life jackets

They are optional, the way it should be. Just dont race and use common sense when other boaters are around you and you are all getting to the next card stop or destination. Have a great and safe holiday. Jeff

Strip Poker 388 12-22-2006 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman
They are optional, the way it should be. Just dont race and use common sense when other boaters are around you and you are all getting to the next card stop or destination. Have a great and safe holiday. Jeff

I second that Optional.cool vid :drink:

offshoredrillin 12-22-2006 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGk5H...elated&search=

This is the best of 2005 with a killer shot of the OSO Gladiator popping up in the inlet.

you can even hear packinass scream over the music...

Spicy 12-22-2006 08:53 AM

Very cool..... we made the footage just after the 4 minute mark.... Two Face 36 Nortech... great run and a great time... :D :D

PhantomChaos 12-22-2006 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Optional! Yes! Geeeez! That water was flatter than my pool, and they were going.....what.....50-60? :chick: :chick: :chick: :bunny: :bunny:

Jigsaw89 12-22-2006 09:05 AM

Great Vid and I support the PFD option!

Panther 12-22-2006 09:31 AM

Some of the best poker run footage I've seen to date. :drink:

Professional Quality! :cool:

As far a life jackets etc.. I personally know of some folks on here who banter on about life jackets but yet they jump on a 100 mph boat in a poker run without a jacket... Practice what you preach.

The only thing I found weird was some of the girls sitting on the sunpad while under way. Here in NJ it's illegal but I don't know what the laws are in Florida. If it's not law down there than forgive my observation.

I believe in the right to choose, unless it's mandated or I'm going to run with the big boys! :drink:

Lucky Strike Jr 12-22-2006 10:54 AM

A lot of people get out of their normal state of mind on a poker run and sometimes don't use common sense becuase they are caught up in the heat of the moment. Most people want to be first to the card stop. A lot of people race. I call BS if you tell me someone has pulled up next to you on a run and you didn't put the hammer down. Life jackets need to be mandatory while the boat is on plane. When your idling to a card stop without a doubt you should be able to take them off....I know I do.

My $.02

CigDaze 12-22-2006 11:16 AM

Awesome Videos. Thanks!!!! :cool:

Jassman 12-22-2006 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
A lot of people get out of their normal state of mind on a poker run and sometimes don't use common sense becuase they are caught up in the heat of the moment. Most people want to be first to the card stop. A lot of people race. I call BS if you tell me someone has pulled up next to you on a run and you didn't put the hammer down. Life jackets need to be mandatory while the boat is on plane. When your idling to a card stop without a doubt you should be able to take them off....I know I do.

My $.02

I disagree, completely. First of all where we boat are two different area's. It is your choice whether you want to, or mine whether I prefer NOT TO wear a jacket. It is no different than the different styles of boating we do are completely different. You have a set up made for poker runs, and Ive seen how you run with other boats in the pack. That's not my bag, mine wont touch 80 and we use it as a cruiser and do over night quite frequently. I'm there to have fun and will always know that 75% will always be faster, and half the time I don't even make all the card stops. Bottom line is I could care less who is faster, my point is we all have choices, and don't kid yourself, I saw what happened at the KW run, tell me how many jackets were HONESTLY on certain people's boats. Also tell me who was and wasn't drinking (even 1 beer)when they were expressly told not to until you get to your final destination. What about Sat. when everyone was at the island, no jackets and alot of drinking, as well as racing back. I'm not a hypocrite, but I will be one of the very few who wont be racing back especially if I had a beer, not worth it to me. Jeff